New exhaust set-up for the ITR

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
DCR26
ITRCA Member

New exhaust set-up for the ITR

Post by DCR26 »

Just thought id post my new exhaust setup.
Toda Racing Headers
Magnaflow 2.5' Hi-flow Cat
Hytech Twin Loop
-Im in a welding class so ill be making my test pipe soon.

I love that purple color when they are hot
haha had to post that last one it just looked so cool in the fog the other night.

The car feels a little more torquey and some more hp. The headers are beautiful and the welds perfect. I like the TL because its not that much different looking or sounding from stock but when your on the gas you can definitely tell the difference. Oh and that little gargle coming off the gas is just amazing. Ill be working on getting all the electronic tid bits together next then get it tuned right.
Sorry its so dark in the video its been really bad weather and i dont have time during the day.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Re: New exhaust set-up for the ITR

Post by Bbasso »

Very respectable setup, Nice.
swed
DCR26
ITRCA Member

Post by DCR26 »

Yeah you know i wanted the Hytech headers like everyone else but it was just a few hundred bucks out of my price range but who knows maybe in a couple years. Right now im saving for another set of wheels for the track.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Sounds like a smart decision. :)
swed
soulassassin13
ITRCA Member

Post by soulassassin13 »

Good looking setup man...
Timeless. Keeping it real, so you don't have to.
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

Post by cubanboy1433 »

that header looks bad ass!
559type_r
New ITRCA Member

Post by 559type_r »

i have a question i'm running a 4-1 magen header with magen test pipe and ever snice i got it on my engine check came on. u guys think it can just be my o2 sesnor on my test pipe just reading rich?
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

find out what code, no need for guessing.
http://www.itrca.com/FAQ/troubleshooting/celcodes.php
swed
DCR26
ITRCA Member

Post by DCR26 »

+1 to the above. I too had thrown the CEL even with the magnaflow cat. Just goes to show you how sensitive o2's are
ITRaddict
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITRaddict »

do most of u guys continue to run the factory cat ...or put in a test pipe or even a resonator ...just wondering what most people here do...I have 3'' straight to custom muffler om my turbo ITR but the my 97 is still stock and im thinkin about getting a setup for it
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

testpipe... Sorry tree huggers, I know. But I get better MPG w/o it and the cost of gas... you know.
swed
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

ITRaddict wrote:do most of u guys continue to run the factory cat ...or put in a test pipe or even a resonator ...just wondering what most people here do...I have 3'' straight to custom muffler om my turbo ITR but the my 97 is still stock and im thinkin about getting a setup for it
I say keep the 97 that way. :)
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

Dave_B wrote:I say keep the 97 that way. :)
Deuce :!: 8)
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
559type_r
New ITRCA Member

Post by 559type_r »

lolz.. i don't know.. but i think HEADER is just HEADER.. i don't think any name brand make a bid different, maybe the only different is just the outlet of it..u guys think so?.. i'm runing a 2.5!
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Oh a quality header can make a big difference, don't sleep on a header. One of the best things for a B18C5 motor.
I don't have a link to the site, but there was a well excuted header test a few years back. see if you can dig it up. I think the name was "The Great Header Test"
swed
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

559type_r wrote:lolz.. i don't know.. but i think HEADER is just HEADER.. i don't think any name brand make a bid different, maybe the only different is just the outlet of it..u guys think so?.. i'm runing a 2.5!
Absolutely not. While there are varying degree's of interpretations.....

While a header might not make 15 WHP (how many bolt on mods do that) it does support the other mods.

A header can make a WORLD of difference in your car. I personally run an SMS, and I would hope for the price difference it would make such a difference.

559type_r
New ITRCA Member

Post by 559type_r »

mmmm... well yeah, ain't header there just for a better air flow?.. not only that all header 4-1 header are design the same! so don't it perduce the same power... so wat really make a different between a $500 header & a $150 header.. when it both look the same?
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

559type_r wrote:mmmm... well yeah, ain't header there just for a better air flow?.. not only that all header 4-1 header are design the same! so don't it perduce the same power... so wat really make a different between a $500 header & a $150 header.. when it both look the same?
Try looking closer...

While to the average joe, they "look" the same by having 9 bolt holes, 4 primaries and a collector (leaving out the 4-1 vs 4-2-1 design differences) sure they appear to be similar...

HOWEVER when you take a closer look some have anti-reversion chambers (SMSP, Hytech) and larger diameter primaries. The merge collectors and how the INSIDE of the merges are makes a WORLD of difference. I've seen some that are just welded together, and then I've seen some that are works of art. I've never had a new hytech in my hands, but 2 SMSP's and I would imagine the build qualities are very similar. The welds are PERFECT, at the merges they are smooth on the inside.

I'd be willing to bed you'd pick up more WHP (assuming all stock) by replacing the header than the intake or exhaust system. As for the price difference of say a Megan (not Mugen) and the hand built ones... well they are hand built (and sometimes to custom dimensions as with my PY) they are TIG welded, they have better ground clearence. Usually made out of better materials (Stainless steel, instead of coated mild steel)

The list goes on and on... but a $150 header and a 1k + header are NOT the same. If that were the case, why would people spend the extra money on them?

559type_r
New ITRCA Member

Post by 559type_r »

wat headers do guys think would run better down the 1/4mile, 4-1 or 4-2-1?.. i see alot of people sporting the dc sport header, i don't know maybe because it just 50 state street legal.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

559type_r wrote:wat headers do guys think would run better down the 1/4mile, 4-1 or 4-2-1?.. i see alot of people sporting the dc sport header, i don't know maybe because it just 50 state street legal.
I think you need to look at the whole setup, rather than a single part. Driver work will yeild the best results, meaning more practice and less parts. :)

Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

Nice!
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com