itr security

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
gosox2003
New ITRCA Member

itr security

Post by gosox2003 »

aside from kill switches and other alarms, what are other measures of protection to take. i am thinking the club or autolock any opinions?
gosox2003
New ITRCA Member

forgot

Post by gosox2003 »

does anyone know the best way to debadge an itr...too many haters!
Champ R
ITRCA Member

Post by Champ R »

The best thing is really knowing your surroundings and maybe a locked garage. Theives can basically bypass all security methods or roll up in a tow truck to take your poor R. Good insurance always helps.
CW 98 #805
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Re: itr security

Post by Dave-ROR »

gosox2003 wrote:aside from kill switches and other alarms, what are other measures of protection to take. i am thinking the club or autolock any opinions?
my car is rusting, and car theifs run from it. :shrug: :P
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
Chris N
Site Admin

Post by Chris N »

A garage, a safe place to park the car.

I refuse to debadge my car or do anything to it cosmetically to detract theives. Of course I let my nasty war wounds from my accident in December stay around for quite a while. :p

You can only do so much by layering security, etc.

If someone wants it, they can flatbed it away.

I'd re-route your hood latch/cable as a start.
Dev
ITRCA Member

razorblades

Post by Dev »

tape razor blades under door handle when you leave, put syringe in driver seat (when you have been mysteriously stuck by a syringe..what are you going to do :roll: drop what you are doing and run like a fucker to the nearest hospital)

if you want to get really seriuos..mix equall parts of amonia and bleach in a container and leave that in your car over night...you should find the perp passed out..possibly dead..in the driverseat (disclaimer: dont do this)
When the cops asked why you left a mustard gas bomb in your car...tell them you were cleaning your dash and must of forgot the solution in the car (disclaimer:do not clean your dash with bleach and ammonia solution :lol: )

Or you can just practice your second amendment rights

dev
Kachurracing
New ITRCA Member

Post by Kachurracing »

depending on whereyou live...I've heard lo-jack works great

http://www.lojack.com/

the best defense is a bright and fast blinking LED and The Club....if theives look and see that they have to bypass an alarm and hack off a club....thats enough time to slap a clip in the 45 and introduce yourself and your weapon to the thieve(s).....i also have a 120 lb rotty and she keeps people away when the car is at my house
1998 2G DSM
1999 Land Rover Discovery
gosox2003
New ITRCA Member

Post by gosox2003 »

someone told me that it is possible to take ECU out as safety measure. would this mess things up? could it be possible with proper knowledge? and how much might this cost?

oh yeah...pm me with any creative ideas for hiding kill switches (friends cw itr stolen w/kill switch being found)
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

Post by George Knighton »

gosox2003 wrote:someone told me that it is possible to take ECU out as safety measure. would this mess things up?
Doesn't mess up anything at all.

It only takes a few seconds, if you've done it a couple of times.

I'm not sure how effective this would be as a security measure, but it doesn't take long and it doesn't "mess things up." LOL...
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

Re: razorblades

Post by George Knighton »

Dev wrote:tape razor blades under door handle when you leave, put syringe in driver seat....
I'm sure you're joking.

But, just in case somebody's thinking of things like this, you'd better check with your local police.

There are many times you can be held liable for damage caused by a "trap" used in this fashion. Depends on local rules.
Dev
ITRCA Member

Post by Dev »

George Knighton wrote:
Dev wrote:tape razor blades under door handle when you leave, put syringe in driver seat....
I'm sure you're joking.

But, just in case somebody's thinking of things like this, you'd better check with your local police.

Well, semi George

I would like to add a disclaimer to the former statement..uh hum..dont do it....but

There is no local police in any part of the US that would allow this kind of absurd :? protection of private property...which blows..but George is right,, some grimy scumbag would probably sue you after he tried to steal your car.

A more sensible protection would be to get to know your neighbors and if possible work out a parking arrangement so that you parked in the same place as much as posible.
Buy a five foot length of chain and two pad locks. Chain your front tow hook to his back tow hook...this does two things, it brings his bumper close to yours, and if someone decides to try to flatbed your car, its going to make a buttload of noise before they ramp it. Make sure you both have a set of keys.

If all else fails, build a molotof cocktail or two and keep them by your apartment window. If you see that pig mess with your car, roast him!! dont do this...

Dev
Chris N
Site Admin

Post by Chris N »

LOL, ammonia and bleach (equal parts mixed together) = ?

I'm sure I should know, but I don't....
snookerblack7
New ITRCA Member

Post by snookerblack7 »

Well.. for me a garage, the club and the stock imobilizer work well. I've never once left it outside overnight.. but I know not everyone has a garage..
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

Post by Type R 98 »

best and cheapest idea ive had so far is a straight regular vibration alarm system and perhaps a baby watching cb device hidden under your seat opened every night with the other end in your bed room.. even though he opens your car and unplugs the alarm fast after it goes off cuz of whatever he does (open doors or hood or whatever) your gonna hear it straight in your ears and you have time to run out and kill him off with your shoe string after blinding him with your boxer shorts.
just a thought, you can probably choke him with your boxer shorts too...
All Motor Championship white Mugen exterior ITR 1998 #870