TWM ITBs on Type R

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
CangDai
New ITRCA Member

TWM ITBs on Type R

Post by CangDai »

hey guys, i was wondering if any of you have experience with ITBs on the B18C or C5 motor. good or bad idea? how are they for Daily driving? are they hard to tune with? any info at all would be great. i'm looking to build a daily driver but weekend warrior. are itbs gonna be effective for this kinda of set up or is it something aimed at the more hardcore of racing hearted. i do plan on leaving my head stock other then spoon cams or skunk2 pro 1 as well as a stock bottom end along with T1R header, testpipe and 63s exhaust. also is a Hondata EMS a must or can i get by with a stock USDM or JDM ECU. again any info would be great. thanks

Andrew
Dave_B

Re: TWM ITBs on Type R

Post by Dave_B »

CangDai wrote:hey guys, i was wondering if any of you have experience with ITBs on the B18C or C5 motor. good or bad idea? how are they for Daily driving? are they hard to tune with? any info at all would be great. i'm looking to build a daily driver but weekend warrior. are itbs gonna be effective for this kinda of set up or is it something aimed at the more hardcore of racing hearted. i do plan on leaving my head stock other then spoon cams or skunk2 pro 1 as well as a stock bottom end along with T1R header, testpipe and 63s exhaust. also is a Hondata EMS a must or can i get by with a stock USDM or JDM ECU. again any info would be great. thanks

Andrew
First, what goals do you have with the car? What other mods do you have to the car?

Finding a local tuner who is familiar with tuning a car with ITB's is a must. I've heard numerous times that folks have put ITB's on there car, only to find out their local tuner isn't all that great and the tune is never quite right.

As for the EMS, you will need some sort of management to run them properly.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
ITRnightrider
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITRnightrider »

i have em on my car with a few mods, but i use the hondata s300 engine management which most tuning shops know how to use em. But its also a daily driver and weekend worrier like you want. If you get it tuned right you should have no problems using these itbs for daily driving. recommend an exhaust upgrade, the car will sound amazing with these.
"Racing a domestic is like racing in the special Olympics.
Even if you win, your still retarded."
jdm-jerm
New ITRCA Member

Post by jdm-jerm »

ITRnightrider wrote:i have em on my car with a few mods, but i use the hondata s300 engine management which most tuning shops know how to use em. But its also a daily driver and weekend worrier like you want. If you get it tuned right you should have no problems using these itbs for daily driving. recommend an exhaust upgrade, the car will sound amazing with these.
How much power are you making with the ITB'S? And if you dont mind me asking what mods because i was thinking of running ITB'S.
CW ITR 98-1058