Milwaukee, WI - 2001 Type R 4 Sale @ $8,500 *NEW PRICE*10/28

Post Cars For Sale ONLY
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Re: Milwaukee, WI - 2001 Type R 4 Sale @ $9,000 *NEW PRICE*10/13

Post by itrsteez »

crumbsnatcher74 wrote:
itrsteez wrote:I'm in NC but that wasn't me. I'm seeing if my girlfriend would want this, she said so far "it's pretty mint".

I'm a little sketchy on that titling error, has that ever gave you problems registering it?
I totally understand your concerns. However, the VIN typo didn't give me any issues when I originally titled the car back in 2005 when I purchased it. I told the DMV clerk about the typo mistake and it was corrected. My WI title has the correct VIN# on it. I haven't ran a carfax since I bought it, so I can't say how updating the correct vin # affects a car fax report. I do have the carfax report from when I purchased the car. It shows the car was bought from the one and only local Acura dealership in SE WI, Acura of Brookfield. The S does look like a 5 on the VIN tag so I can understand how this mistake was made originally. All the VIN tags on the car match up correctly and identically so I can only assume that the dealership is the responsible party who made this typo originally. I'm just surprise that my insurance company has a better computer program that detects a false VIN and the DMV doesn't have that same capability. If they did, this would have been detected when the car was bought back in 2001. Go figure.

If you want, PM me your email address and I can send you the carfax report from when I purchased the car.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
As long as the vin on the current title and body matched I don't see a problem. That's a shitty mistake for them to make none the less. Hopefully I can sell her into getting this, but I can't make any promises.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
crumbsnatcher74
New ITRCA Member

Post by crumbsnatcher74 »

As long as the vin on the current title and body matched I don't see a problem. That's a shitty mistake for them to make none the less. Hopefully I can sell her into getting this, but I can't make any promises.
Oh, the VIN on the car's motor, door jambs, etc all match the current VIN on my title. I made sure of that before leaving that DMV back in 2005.

It is a shitty mistake on the dealership and DMV behalf. I pm'd you the carfax (from when I purchased the car) earlier today. Let me know if you received it. If you know anyone local who you would like to have check out the car for you, I'm open to that also. I know you are far away and don't want any misunderstanding. Furthermore, I'll pm you my phone number if you want to ask any other questions that hasn't been covered in this thread. This will make a great daily driven Type R for anyone in a warmer state like NC. The last 2 winters with over 100+ inches of snow is what really made me decide to sell this car.

BTW, I called the 803 number that txt'd me last night. The guy is from the NC area, but is now in TX. He's also very interested and is going to contact his bank for financing.
crumbsnatcher74
New ITRCA Member

Car still up for sale as pending transaction to TX buyer fizzled out. Buyer backed out as he learned of his new miltary deloyment. Still up for sale.
LoooseIS
New ITRCA Member

Post by LoooseIS »

I would love this car, but don't have the money, if you want to talk about a long term deal, let me know, I can insure and store it for you in AZ and come get it too. I'm not a kid, I'm an adult with a family, the ITR is my Holy Grail and my wife has promised me one when we get some things on our house done...I'm just impatient:-)

Justin
crumbsnatcher74
New ITRCA Member

LoooseIS wrote:I would love this car, but don't have the money, if you want to talk about a long term deal, let me know, I can insure and store it for you in AZ and come get it too. I'm not a kid, I'm an adult with a family, the ITR is my Holy Grail and my wife has promised me one when we get some things on our house done...I'm just impatient:-)

Justin
Thanks for the interest. However, I am only looking for an outright buyer at this point. I have storage here in WI, just no need for the car any longer. Make an offer.
LoooseIS
New ITRCA Member

Post by LoooseIS »

No worries, I figured I'd throw it out there...if it's still around when I'm ready to buy, I'll definately hit you up.
itr-mugen
New ITRCA Member

Post by itr-mugen »

do you still have this car? if so please call me 810-357-4934 thanks petter
crumbsnatcher74
New ITRCA Member

Carfax report available via email

CARFAX report available via email for the interest parties. Please PM me your email address if you would like a copy.
crumbsnatcher74
New ITRCA Member

*NEW PRICE* 10/28

10/28/2009

Price drop to $8,500.
crumbsnatcher74
New ITRCA Member

Re: Milwaukee, WI - 2001 Type R 4 Sale @ $8,500 *NEW PRICE*10/28

SALE PENDING
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

crumbsnatcher74 wrote:SALE PENDING
Congrats Stevo!!! And OP. :)
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Post by itrsteez »

Thank you sir, chances are you'll see her down at CMP. (If you go cough cough cough)

I already consulted my trusted autobody guy on this one, I think he was offended because I had originally addressed it as a challenge for him. I don't think it'll take long to have her in tip top shape.

The seat burn works in my advantage to getting my black recaros quicker with girlfriend approval, that way the seats out of my 98 can just go in this one, everybody wins. Maybe I'll turn that junked seat into a GT5 rig, lol.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
crumbsnatcher74
New ITRCA Member

SOLD TO ITRSTEEZ!!!

Car will be picked up tomorrow by ITRSTEEZ and driven back to NC. Good luck with the car and the restore plans.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Congrats Steve-O If you need any help, LMK.

Locked!
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.