WTB ITR in MN or Wi only!

Post Cars For Sale ONLY
NinjaDC5
New ITRCA Member

WTB ITR in MN or Wi only!

Post by NinjaDC5 »

Hi guys!

Im looking to buy a ITR in MN or Wi(more towards MN)

What I really want is a stock ITR with low miles (modified is okay too). I have money, its just that right now I am debating on getting a ITR or something else.

I've always wanted a ITR and its also my dream car. I even own a LS (but sold it).

Anyways, I am not in a rush to buy a ITR. I do plan on DD the car in the spring and summer time from home to work(I have my own business so I can park the car next to the big window where I can see it 24/7 or park it inside my store! haha). And dont worry about winter, I have 3 freaken trucks that can be my beaters.

So yeah guys! Sell me your ITR if your from MN/Wi!

Thanks
Dave_B

Re: WTB ITR in MN or Wi only!

Post by Dave_B »

Few things that may help you...

Do you have a garage? Do you know of the high rate of theft with these cars?

Are you confined to search in your local area? Travelling for one is rewarding, on the drive back and opens up a lot more opportunities for better cars.

Also, what color preference? And what is your budget?
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
HoRizon ChaSer
New ITRCA Member

Post by HoRizon ChaSer »

i might have a very special and nice ITR for you by next week.
depends on how much you want to spend

click here.
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11170
NinjaDC5
New ITRCA Member

Post by NinjaDC5 »

Dave_B wrote:Few things that may help you...

Are you confined to search in your local area? Travelling for one is rewarding, on the drive back and opens up a lot more opportunities for better cars.

1. Yes I have a garage
2. haha yeah I know how high the rate is with theft

3. I am looking and + Im posting this so that whoever is selling their car or plan to will know that Im looking for one!

4. I work almost 7 days a week. No traveling, gotta work and work

5. colors? My all time favorite Integra color is WHITE but its a ITR so who cares. There all nice looking if you own a ITR! haha

6. I dont have a budget. It depends on the car and its condition.
NinjaDC5
New ITRCA Member

Post by NinjaDC5 »

HoRizon ChaSer wrote:i might have a very special and nice ITR for you by next week.
depends on how much you want to spend

click here.
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11170
Oh wow! The very first black ITR huh! Thats pretty cool
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

NinjaDC5 wrote:

1. Yes I have a garage

3. I am looking and + Im posting this so that whoever is selling their car or plan to will know that Im looking for one!

5. colors? My all time favorite Integra color is WHITE but its a ITR so who cares. There all nice looking if you own a ITR! haha

But do you REALLY know of the ITR Theft issues? It's not just discussed... it's a reality. It doesn't matter, small town or the likes. They get stolen ALL THE TIME! Personally, I'd never DD one again. Been there, done that.

By not travelling to get one, you are severly limiting what you can get. I'll go out on a limb and even say cars from southern states are in better shape. Not all, but some.

Colors do matter, at least to most. But if you don't care, then so be it. What are your plans for the car and reason for wanting one? Do you plan on taking it to local car meets and such? Track days? Weekend/nice weather car?

Budget, or limitation will really help narrow down the cars. For example, you can get a MINT 98 right now with very VERY low miles, but expect to pay 26k for it. Do you have that kind of money to spend?

Also, does title condition matter to you?

NinjaDC5
New ITRCA Member

Post by NinjaDC5 »

Dave_B wrote:
NinjaDC5 wrote:

1. Yes I have a garage

But do you REALLY know of the ITR Theft issues? It's not just discussed... it's a reality. It doesn't matter, small town or the likes. They get stolen ALL THE TIME! Personally, I'd never DD one again. Been there, done that.

By not travelling to get one, you are severly limiting what you can get. I'll go out on a limb and even say cars from southern states are in better shape. Not all, but some.

Colors do matter, at least to most. But if you don't care, then so be it. What are your plans for the car and reason for wanting one? Do you plan on taking it to local car meets and such? Track days? Weekend/nice weather car?

Budget, or limitation will really help narrow down the cars. For example, you can get a MINT 98 right now with very VERY low miles, but expect to pay 26k for it. Do you have that kind of money to spend?

Also, does title condition matter to you?

haha sounds like you either don't want me to have a ITR or I have to pass your little question quizzes to get you to be happy for my purchasing on a ITR. Sorry but if I want one, I'm gonna get one.

But I'll answer your questions since its pretty quiet today at my store.

1. YES I do know how much theft there are on the ITR, even the regular Integra's already have a high rate of theft! As matter of fact, all 94-01 Integra's are on (or was on) the top 10 most stolen cars in the USA! And about DD a ITR, hey don't worry about it. Its my car, you don't need to worry about it. <-Gosh when did the ITR have a personal security online?

2. Told you I can't go far. I own my a store and have to watch it! (kind of sounds like you have a ITR and youre from the south and want me to buy your car? haha j/k or maybe not)

3. a. Color: does not matter to me. I've always been the black and white power ranger fucking the yellow girl ranger! haha ????

b. Dont worry about my plans if I get a ITR.

c. forget local car meets, thats how some people get their cars jack!

4. Told you, don't worry about my budget. And yeah I saw that mint ITR. I think that car should be in a museum or maybe Jay Leno should buy it. I wouldnt have the guts to be driving that car in its mint condition

5. title... clean would be nice... savage, its understandable

6. <- I know theres no 6 but dude, shut up. You don't need to know all of these question if you aint selling yo!
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

LOL, whatever dude. Carry on. GL getting help finding one, or finding the pieces that DO get stolen off of the one you purchase.

CDUB
New ITRCA Member

Post by CDUB »

From a totally subjective point of view Dave, you did come off a little "much" when I was reading it. I found my ITR without any help and did a pretty good job. Hopefully he has good intentions and a safe place to store it.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

CDUB wrote:From a totally subjective point of view Dave, you did come off a little "much" when I was reading it. I found my ITR without any help and did a pretty good job. Hopefully he has good intentions and a safe place to store it.
And that "much" is for a reason. Far to many people just really don't understand. First one of mine I sold, was stolen and stripped 3 weeks later. I've said my piece, if he finds one, great. I however HIGHLY doubt with his attitude he will ever be part of the community. And by that I dont' mean owning the car, I mean Expo, Thanksgiving meets and the likes.

Again, I've tried to help, he's had an attitude, and I'll step back from it.

CDUB
New ITRCA Member

Post by CDUB »

I hear ya, I just thought if that was me I may have takin it somewhat as he did (with not quite the attitude as I'm older)!
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

CDUB wrote:I hear ya, I just thought if that was me I may have takin it somewhat as he did (with not quite the attitude as I'm older)!
I understand. And it came off like that for a reason. I'm here to help the community, and new owners understand what the rest of us deal with daily. Everyone knows about Honda/Acura theft, but most have never lived it. I was mearly trying to have someone understand, deep down what that is. Furthermore, his attitude and response would NOT be taken lightly in other places.

coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Dave was merely offering some good questions to help paint the full scope of ownership. He did so for several reasons, one being potential owners often truly do not understand the reality that an owner lives with. This may not have been the case here. Dave is also highlight a great aspect about these caRs, and that is the community of owners behind them. The OP may have misinterpreted this compassion has resentment/scrutinizing but I assure you Dave's intentions were pure. This community is filled with many many great people willing to bend over backwards for fellow owners. I would encourage everyone here to always take a step back and let their guard down just a little. We are all in this together.

OP-

Dave, I, and many others are here to help you in any way possible. Don't be afraid to ask. Many of us have been around a long time and answered a lot of questions. Please forgive us if our tone indicates anything otherwise.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

I agree with coolhandluke on all counts.

OP, problem is...in general, most new owners don't truly understand what's involved. These caRs can make good people act stupid or honest people into thieves. We don't know you from your randomly choosen screenname.

Its my car, you don't need to worry about it. <-Gosh when did the ITR have a personal security online?
The ITR community looks out for these caRs....no one else will. You say it's your caR, but any loss is felt by all. We do worry about it. For a limited edition car, it must surely have one of the highest (I'd bet it is the highest) rate of destruction of any car ever produced. Very few were made, and many are already dead. We try to look out for those remaining.

If this isn't your cup of tea...sorry.
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
nannerb46
New ITRCA Member

Post by nannerb46 »

Ninja, to piggy back Cool, Dospike, and Dave, no one here is trying to tell you what to do or how to do it with your car. We, as owners of these caRs, have a special interest in whats out there and how they are treated. We are all owners of limited production caRs, and the fate of others can adversly affect our own investments. I personally have known 4ITR owners who have come outside to an empty driveway. One of which, while working at his own performance shop. We as a community are not looking to push people away, or seem like elitist as I have heard before. We simply try to educate those looking for an R and what they Will deal with on a day to day basis. I understand the lack of color choice, as an ITR is an ITR. Black, White, or Yellow, they are all beautiful. One peice of advise that I would recommend before responding sometimes, look at the persons history and previous posts. You may find that your initial interpritation of what is said is way off base. I have.
former owner 2001 #41, miss her and will own one again.
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Post by itrsteez »

Do you have a winter car?

The only reason I say this because the 01 I just got from Milwaukee got its ass kicked by road salt. I don't want to know what 1 or 2 more winters would have done to it.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
HoRizon ChaSer
New ITRCA Member

Post by HoRizon ChaSer »

I think before this guy coming in here looking to buy an ITR he should already know what to do, but listening to people's advises to keep this kind of car safe is a must. owning an ITR is totally different from owning a supra, celica, prelude, etc. I haven't had enough sleep since i bought mine. if you don't have a garage, don't even bother getting one. it will be gone less than a week. you don't what wanna know what i do every day to make sure my R is safe.

For the one who live in the northern states where snow is coming down every winter, please don't drive your R in the winter.
Seth5331
New ITRCA Member

Post by Seth5331 »

So did you find a r yet? I have one in great condition in green bay wi it's listed on this forum.
boardkat
New ITRCA Member

Post by boardkat »

former stock, low mileage, clean title ITR owner.
current high-powered, turbo RWD roadster owner.
the ITR can't shake a stick at my current DD for performance, handling, etc.
but i take my roadster to the movies, malls, etc, and don't even lock the car anymore (it's got a soft top, anyway).
i remember FEARING grocery stops in my ITR - no jokes, i can count on one hand the number of times i *didn't* come back to the car after a quick stop and not have somebody checking the car out.
owning an ITR is.... different... take that into consideration, FWIW
pennies_integra
New ITRCA Member

Post by pennies_integra »

Well, guessing since you want to get an R in MN, you probably live in the Twin Cities area and I can tell you that any type of honda/acura is a target whether its stock or not. Ive own 3 ITR's since living in the Twin Cities and Ive always been followed around when driving them (hence I sold 2 of them and kept my favorite). Now I have one left and I droved it 2x this year, once to the expo and the 2nd to the track in IA.

My point, is that it will get stolen sooner or later no matter what you do if you DD it in this area. GL