exhaust

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
integ3
New ITRCA Member

exhaust

Post by integ3 »

hey my friend was telling me that a exhaust being welded is better then screw the pipes are together. I would really like your opinion also he says it look cheap screwed together OK you guys might have trouble understanding me but when you buy an exhaust theres screw hole on the end of the pipe to connect it to the rest of the the exhaust. But my friend was saying that it cheap to screw then weld it the entire pipe to the other pipes but i dont think he knows what he is talking about. (or crapy way to install this kind of exhaust) well i hope i cleared it up for you. If not let me know

thanks
Last edited by integ3 on May 23rd, 2003, 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reid
ITRCA Member

Re: exhaust

Post by Reid »

integ3 wrote:hey my friend was telling me that a exhaust being welded is better then screw the pipes are together. I would really like your opinion also he says it look cheap screwed together

thanks
What are you asking exactly?
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

Post by George Knighton »

integ3 wrote:hey my friend was telling me that a exhaust being welded is better then screw the pipes are together.
Personally, I don't see much difference.

Got for what you want, what system you can afford, and what system has proved itself.
ballsoutracecar
New ITRCA Member

Post by ballsoutracecar »

your mate might be thinking of mandrelbends???

if its a good seal it shouldnt really matter. Its also alot easier to ever change / further upgrade your exhaust. Remember a car evolves and what you may have today, may not be sufficient for tomorrow.

Who cares about looks. Its an exhaust and whats more important, looks or efficiency.

And you cant see if it was a good welding job. there could be dags left all through the welded area - how would you know?

SO go for a good exhaust preferabally bolted together with good sealing and your laughing.

And if your mate still says they look cheap, let him sit underneath the car while you take it for a blast and then ask him if it really matter what it looks like!!! - get my drift.
fredtoast
ITRCA Member

Post by fredtoast »

I'm no exhaust expert, but I know that with all FWD cars you need to keep a flex joint between the header and the cat or test pipe.
98-0658
jetydosa
suite 200

Post by jetydosa »

Where is that at on the stock ITR setup?
Do not blow compressed air into your mouth or ears.
Reid
ITRCA Member

Post by Reid »

jetydosa wrote:Where is that at on the stock ITR setup?
header/cat connection has springs

b-pipe/axleback connection has springs