Question about mugen engines for integra

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
integ3
New ITRCA Member

Question about mugen engines for integra

Post by integ3 »

does anyone know where i could look at prices for mugen engines online and may maybe able to buy own after looking into it. Also would anyone swap a mugen engine form the stock integra engine. Also my friend was talking about spoon engines the company i was wondering if any one had them in there car and what would you prefer mugen or spoon. thanks
Reid
ITRCA Member

Re: Question about mugen engines for integra

Post by Reid »

Mugen does not sell crate engines.

Spoon sold crate engines that were simply balanced stock engines with Spoon headgaskets.

Both are not worth considering purchasing and usually are discussed by those who cannot afford to make such purchases to begin with.
RedKroovy
New ITRCA Member

Post by RedKroovy »

Its amazing how much damage one movie can do.
98 #0023
You name the vice, I'll name the price.
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

Post by Type R 98 »

lol word RedKroovy, it really made the supra popular for some odd reason.. next year that same kid around the block bragging the supra will now be wanting a skyline and telling you how hot that car was to beggin with... lol
All Motor Championship white Mugen exterior ITR 1998 #870
sscguy
ITRCA Member

Post by sscguy »

I thought in the movie they referred to Spoon engines, which, though just longblocks, they do still sell, right? Or has that also gone the way of the Spoon tranny?
A bunch of days left 'till Expo '05!
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

Post by George Knighton »

I don't think Spoon is still manufacturing the blueprinted DC2 ITR motors, which were fairly complete.

You might still find a new one here and there.
sscguy
ITRCA Member

Post by sscguy »

I remember them being in the neighborhood of $6-$7000, and intake manifold, exhaust manifold and maybe throttle body were NOT included. I could be mistaken, but that sticks out in my mind. If someone were to take their current engine to a shop and have it blueprinted and balanced, would that price be similar, minus the actual cost of the engine? Not that I'll be having it done anytime soon, but I'm just curious.
A bunch of days left 'till Expo '05!