Got a rattle/buzz at 3,000 rpm...

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
jero
New ITRCA Member

Got a rattle/buzz at 3,000 rpm...

Post by jero »

Hey guys, need your input here. Got a 98 GSR only 36,000 miles. this past week i have a terrible buzz death rattle coming from what sounds like right under the seating area near the cat. by doing some observation the rattle is only during the rpm range of 2900-3100 in any gear, at any speed, even at idle (reving it up at a stop). i have a comptech axle back, so i know its not a baffle because it is straight through with packing. could it be from the cat? i have a DC sports short shifter, and the heat shield for the cat has already been removed since the mount broke when i bent it to get the short shifter to clear. i think i'll go to an exhaust shop and have them check it out. any input?

thanks again for your input.

JERO
Trey
Site Admin

Re: Got a rattle/buzz at 3,000 rpm...

Post by Trey »

This is your A-pipe. Unfortunately your out of warranty. There is a way to fix it for $25-$30 that seems pretty permanent or you can get an aftermarket header and it will fix the problem.

Trey