I think this is heR...

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Re: I think this is heR...

Post by itrsteez »

Yay, I'm 910 as well... just not the glamorous wilmington-type :)

That R in hickory appears to be a fine deal, I'm not familiar with it but I do recall seeing pictures recently somewhere of it.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
sptrescue
ITRCA Member

Post by sptrescue »

Cool deal.
beastnatch
ITRCA Member

Post by beastnatch »

Looks like a great deal. Looks and sounds well maintained though.
2001 Integra Type-R NBP #201
http://www.integratyper.org - ITR Registry!
sptrescue
ITRCA Member

Post by sptrescue »

Ok, so I just got an email from the lady that owned this car. She sent it to a shop to get a few things fixed to get it ready for sale, and well it was stolen and the shop never noticed it was stolen. She got a certified letter in the mail today regarding all of this. Car was stripped and all that's left is the shell I believe...Sucks because this was a clean title, one owner R...Doespike I will be in contact with you regarding all the info.

AnotheR down... :evil:
Regretyet
New ITRCA Member

Post by Regretyet »

I just punched my monitor. That sucks to hear that another one is down; what a crappy situation. How can the shop not notice the car was missing? Even if it was left overnight, hopefully indoors, they should have noticed right away in the morning when they came in...I wonder how long until they reported it. :?:
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

ugh, it never ends.... what a shame.
sptrescue
ITRCA Member

Post by sptrescue »

If you ask me it sounds kinda shady...More updates to come.
sptrescue
ITRCA Member

Post by sptrescue »

Hey guys, so here's the update...I had been talking with this owner about buying her car. I had stayed on top of her for about 6 months and she kept telling me, I will send you pictures, well I never got them. The car sat outside all of it's life under a car cover and she had told me she was surprised that it hadn't been stolen, at the time I was very surprised too. Well I finally just gave up on her as she never sent me more pictures as I had requested, and after showing yall the original pics of it you said it wasn't in the best of condition because of the rust. I guess what really gets me about all of this, it had 56k, stock, one owner and the body was mint, except for the hood. So I get this email from her the other day...

"Sorry for the long delay, but there is no reason to send you pictures now. The car was stolen last week -- it was at the shop for a new ABS sensor, and while they were waiting for the part to come in, it was taken. I found out when the certified letter arrived today from the police dept. that found it abandoned. The shop didn't even notice it was missing :(

Anyway, my car was completely gutted, and there is nothing left but part of the chassis.

Good luck finding another one."

Now when I had been talking to her about the car, apparently nothing needed to be replaced, which is why I'm wondering it needed a new ABS sensor, but I guess it doesn't matter. What floors me is, the shop didn't even notice is was missing. Riiigggghtttt...Who doesn't notice an R missing? Someone trying to buy some time so they can get her stripped down and then report it or dump it, but I'm not so sure this wasn't for the insurance money either. Wasn't eager to sell it as she would never comply with any of my requests and it was in mint condition, maybe she took it to the shop in hopes it would get stolen, heck she had 6 other cars, what does one less mean to her...nothing.

Anyways the possibilities are endless and these are just my opinions...but it sucks another one is down.

Still on the hunt for heR...
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

sptrescue wrote:
Still on the hunt for heR...
If you're still interested in mine hang tight.. You're still 100% more than welcome to check it out whenever you'd like. I just can't sell right right now.