The OT place for OGs to BS w/o BS.

Anything goes? Well, if you keep it clean and aren't obnoxious.
elambz
I love tight jeans y0!

Re: The OT place for OGs to BS w/o BS.

Post by elambz »

Willard wrote:
CivicBeater wrote:So does someone want to fill me in on these recent changes people are talking about and how this site is affected?
This site is not (and will not) be effected from the lawsuit and/or any issues/players resulting from it.

Here is some background reading:
http://htuner.com/topic/3680/

I guess we can thank GK for the selected shut down of tekh... the roaches are now scattering and I wish they would gather back up here. :roll:
It would be a good idea for everyone to e-mail/text/call/etc. all ITR owners (or people that posted on tekh) and let them know to start posting up here to increase traffic. 8)
I texted my peoples to let them know.
2000 FBP ITR #0288
Willard
SLEESTACK

Post by Willard »

Erik95LS wrote:I used mine when i first got in the car after class today 8)
very nice.
I park in a covered deck and it will be ok for the first 3-4 miles... then the bat wings kick in (black car sux).

Since I need to test it out after all of the work :P I will kick it on asap and let the ice cubes flow.
(been a long time comning...)
'84 242ti (bent, in storage)
'04 Pilot EX
'08 Fit sport
#01-0154 PY = sold :(
{9 ITR Expo's IAR!!}
elambz
I love tight jeans y0!

Post by elambz »

My ITR's AC blows ice cold, but I'm afraid to get in it. Its been sitting in the parking lot at work for the last few days being beat down on by the sun, so it'll probably be 100 degrees inside it.
2000 FBP ITR #0288
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

Willard wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:I used mine when i first got in the car after class today 8)
very nice.
I park in a covered deck and it will be ok for the first 3-4 miles... then the bat wings kick in (black car sux).
I'm beginning to think you like the sensation of stretched aft-skin. :o
quote - Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

quote - Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

Willard wrote:
CivicBeater wrote:So does someone want to fill me in on these recent changes people are talking about and how this site is affected?
This site is not (and will not) be effected from the lawsuit and/or any issues/players resulting from it.

Here is some background reading:
http://htuner.com/topic/3680/

I guess we can thank GK for the selected shut down of tekh... the roaches are now scattering and I wish they would gather back up here. :roll:
It would be a good idea for everyone to e-mail/text/call/etc. all ITR owners (or people that posted on tekh) and let them know to start posting up here to increase traffic. 8)
Cliff notes? I'm really intrigued by the lawsuit etc. of what seems to be in regards to an online forum?
-Eric
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Post by itrsteez »

CivicBeater wrote: Cliff notes? I'm really intrigued by the lawsuit etc. of what seems to be in regards to an online forum?
It stems from the H-T lawsuit, not sure if you remember what H-T used to look like from it's inception but the first 9 years it was on a forum software called zeroforum. There was a business guy and a tech guy, after h-t got profitable the business guy kicked the tech guy off the company (even though he was suppose to have equal ownership, but it was never written/legal). Year or so later H-T sold to Internet Brands for 2.6mil, they switched it over to vBulletin and the guy with all of the money kept his company going (relyNet) off the forum software that he didn't write and changed the name to livetopic (vwvortex has rode on this the whole time)

upon the H-T buyout they switched over to vB and started banning people like crazy, so most people scattered to various places... one of the places a guy from raleigh started up was honda-tekh, but really only the ITR guys went there, this was on the familiar software zeroforum/livetopic

A few months ago there was a major battle of the ownership of this software, the guy that wrote it (dustin) got 1.1mil and the rights back to all of the livetopic sites, earlier this week without notice Mike Dicarlo (the guy that lost the battle) shut down honda-tekh with no real notice as he's about to lose all of that shit.

On a side note GK had mentioned that once the dust had settled they were going to go after the guy that started up honda-tekh for obvious reasons, I told him the other day he was best off not starting it back up and if he did then under a completely different name which he said he would do.

In the meantime everybody is in limbo, some made there way back to this place that has always been relatively stagnant but should be the logical home regardless.

/endDissertation
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

and to add, that whole issue with the two guys has been going on for 6-7 years now. Can't trust anybody :x
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
D
"D" that's it.

Post by D »

WTFuckingunbelievable. :shock:
98#797
98#551
There is sufficient evidence to indicate that the rate of increase in output per unit increase of input decreases as the input increases
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

yeah, that's just insane!!!
-Erik

cmdR430
ITRCA Member

Post by cmdR430 »

Erik95LS wrote:yeah, that's just insane!!!
D wrote:
WTFuckingunbelievable. :shock:

Yeah that is pretty nuts.... Thank God he was going straight and had plenty of run-off.....
-Cameron

97' ITR #127
09' ASM SI 4 DR
09' CRV EX-L
Sold- 98' ITR #430 00' ITR #296
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

itrsteez wrote:
CivicBeater wrote: Cliff notes? I'm really intrigued by the lawsuit etc. of what seems to be in regards to an online forum?
It stems from the H-T lawsuit, not sure if you remember what H-T used to look like from it's inception but the first 9 years it was on a forum software called zeroforum. There was a business guy and a tech guy, after h-t got profitable the business guy kicked the tech guy off the company (even though he was suppose to have equal ownership, but it was never written/legal). Year or so later H-T sold to Internet Brands for 2.6mil, they switched it over to vBulletin and the guy with all of the money kept his company going (relyNet) off the forum software that he didn't write and changed the name to livetopic (vwvortex has rode on this the whole time)

upon the H-T buyout they switched over to vB and started banning people like crazy, so most people scattered to various places... one of the places a guy from raleigh started up was honda-tekh, but really only the ITR guys went there, this was on the familiar software zeroforum/livetopic

A few months ago there was a major battle of the ownership of this software, the guy that wrote it (dustin) got 1.1mil and the rights back to all of the livetopic sites, earlier this week without notice Mike Dicarlo (the guy that lost the battle) shut down honda-tekh with no real notice as he's about to lose all of that shit.

On a side note GK had mentioned that once the dust had settled they were going to go after the guy that started up honda-tekh for obvious reasons, I told him the other day he was best off not starting it back up and if he did then under a completely different name which he said he would do.

In the meantime everybody is in limbo, some made there way back to this place that has always been relatively stagnant but should be the logical home regardless.

/endDissertation
Yowzers! That's nuts. Sounds like a lot of responsibility put into the hands of immature people with no business sense.
-Eric
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

For now, this (ITRCA/itrexpo) site will always be a SAFE place. It's not run by someone in it for money. The names are still owned by Trey, and we as a large group run it.

We will see what happens in the near future.
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Greetings from TN.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
Civic_Sista
ITRCA Member

Post by Civic_Sista »

On my way to ATL. Adam, (FullEP3) is getting married!
98/00- 0255
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Let's play who knows how to assemble the stock fuel feed line. :D

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

coolhandluke wrote:Let's play who knows how to assemble the stock fuel feed line. :D
you do! :P
-Erik

coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Erik95LS wrote:
coolhandluke wrote:Let's play who knows how to assemble the stock fuel feed line. :D
you do! :P
I ordered all the pieces from the diagram but the inside washer does not look the same as the daily. No leaks thus far.

Car is assembled but doesn't crank. I'm checking for spark now so stay tuned.

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

you and these hoopties.... You need to get them towed to SC so you have people relatively close to help out.
elambz
I love tight jeans y0!

Post by elambz »

Someone needs to tow my ITR to their house, and leave me a check for it. Now that I've taken a pay cut, and am still trying to move out I need to clear out some debt.
2000 FBP ITR #0288
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

so whats wrong with your car? I'll give you the hatch for it
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

walker111 wrote:so whats wrong with your car? I'll give you the hatch for it
That's actually not a bad deal. Your hatch is the hottness. I'm sure its cheaper to insure too.

The project hooptie doesn't run. Checking spark now.

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
elambz
I love tight jeans y0!

Post by elambz »

Nothing is wrong with mine other than it needs rotors.
2000 FBP ITR #0288
itr #1334
ITRCA Member

Post by itr #1334 »

coolhandluke wrote:
That's actually not a bad deal. Your hatch is the hottness. I'm sure its cheaper to insure too.

Cool having dinner with ya last night. Best of luck with your project
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

coolhandluke wrote:

Lets do eet!

Chris, why not find someone that has vatozone rotors and have them warranty them?