I got smoked...

Discuss HPDE, wheel to wheel, autocross, rally, rally-cross, drag racing topics here.
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

I got smoked...

Post by pUrExTc »

some old, old, old, chevrolet smoked the hell out of me. i never seen anything like it. i took him in first gear (i'm guessing he's heavier, or didn't launch as well). but towards the end of 2nd gear, he just went, ZOOOOOOOOOOOM like nothing. oh wellx, i heard ITR's VS (true) muscle cars just don't mix well in a drag race. That car looked heavy as hell though. I wonder what was under the hood (it was not stock...it had a really loud rumbling sound). :cry:
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to Smoke V8's
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

ITR's in general are exactly drag beasts.
nomoracin
New ITRCA Member

Post by nomoracin »

go ask that some domestic to race around in some turns...you'll smoke da shit out of him...who cares about goint straight anywayz???
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

Post by pUrExTc »

well, yeah, it wouldn't have been hard to beat him around corners. but i don't think we'd be doing that on city streets, and even drag racing down a crowded city street "shouldn't be done." just can't resist the urge sometimes.

disclaimer: i think it's ok to post your loses, and your wins. it's not like i lose all the time :wink: but you learn from your mistakes, and it's always good to hear a racing story, win or lose.
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
Chaze*R
New ITRCA Member

Post by Chaze*R »

B2FiNiTY wrote:ITR's in general are exactly drag beasts.
I think you mean to say "ITR's in general aren't exactly drag beasts"
2001 Type R #01-0959
1987 Supra Turbo (Gave to my Brother)
1999 Civic si (deceased)
1989 Honda Prelude 2.0si (Missing)

Side Note: Don't Drink and Drive.
ITR#231
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITR#231 »

nomoracin wrote:go ask that some domestic to race around in some turns...you'll smoke da shit out of him...who cares about goint straight anywayz???
Yea, 'cause a Z06 can't corner :roll:
ITRCA SouthWest Director
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

Yup...thanks for the typo correction. ARE NOT :D
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

Post by pUrExTc »

Cars that get 27 MPG on the streets and 34 MPG on the highway aren't exactly drag beasts...lolx
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

Actually, in someways, the more you mod your car the better mpg it gets if you do it right. :wink:
Chris N
Site Admin

Post by Chris N »

B2FiNiTY wrote:Actually, in someways, the more you mod your car the better mpg it gets if you do it right. :wink:
except on the track where the mods count anyways.

I get 10-12 mpg on the track :o

and 30-35+ mpg on the highway home. =)
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

Re: I got smoked...

Post by Jan Niemi »

That's the beauty of the dragstrip, most v8s beat me out of the hole, but by the 1/8 mile I'm in vtec+boost+9000 rpm-land, and leave a large percentage of so-called muscle cars behind. And I like that v8 spanking feeling, I like to beat them like a red-headed stepchild! Racing on the street just does not do the ITR justice, take it to the strip or roadcourse
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
Reid
ITRCA Member

Post by Reid »

pUrExTc wrote:some old, old, old, chevrolet smoked the hell out of me. i never seen anything like it. i took him in first gear (i'm guessing he's heavier, or didn't launch as well). but towards the end of 2nd gear, he just went, ZOOOOOOOOOOOM like nothing. oh wellx, i heard ITR's VS (true) muscle cars just don't mix well in a drag race. That car looked heavy as hell though. I wonder what was under the hood (it was not stock...it had a really loud rumbling sound). :cry:
Time to change the sig.

Also time to stop street racing.
Reid
ITRCA Member

Post by Reid »

pUrExTc wrote:some old, old, old, chevrolet smoked the hell out of me. i never seen anything like it. i took him in first gear (i'm guessing he's heavier, or didn't launch as well). but towards the end of 2nd gear, he just went, ZOOOOOOOOOOOM like nothing. oh wellx, i heard ITR's VS (true) muscle cars just don't mix well in a drag race. That car looked heavy as hell though. I wonder what was under the hood (it was not stock...it had a really loud rumbling sound). :cry:
Time to change the sig.

Also time to stop street racing.
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

Locked. This site does not support street racing or posts regarding street racing.

If this happened at a legal drag strip, PM me and I might unlock it.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis