Soooo. What do I need to know becoming an ITR owner?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Soooo. What do I need to know becoming an ITR owner?

Post by CivicBeater »

Do ITR owners wave to each other on the road?

Should I shun and give an ugly stank face to those rolling in GSR's?

Should I take every turn in the city as if I was on a road course?

Do I roll up to Honda meets like I'm the most Elite thing to ever come out of a happy meal?

I want to make sure I fit in, so any advice is appreciated. :lol:
-Eric
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Re: Soooo. What do I need to know becoming an ITR owner?

Post by itrsteez »

Don't be shocked when you find out when most of the people on here don't even own ITR's and are some of the nicest and helpful people you'll meet.

- if I see another itr on the road I'll generally snap my neck as it's not that common

- people here don't go to honda meets, they're adults.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Rule 1... invest in security FIRST!!!

Rule 2... Don't be a tool

Rule 3... stay away from car meets

Rule 4... enjoy the paranoia (sp)

Rule 5... Enjoy the car for what it is, try to get out to Expo's and ITR meets. Learn, read, search before asking paint codes and questions that have been asked a million times.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
BlueR
ITRCA Member

Post by BlueR »

i call mine a POS and don't even acknowledge that it even exists

i being serious
R-Speed
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

Interesting.

On a serious note, Security is on top of my list. I want to do it right, I'll have to see what Vegas10 can do for me. Cash will be limited as I'm dumping it all on the purchase of the car. (I'm not as baller as ITRSTEEZY)

I hope to meet a lot of ITR owners and members here at the nearby tracks or local pub. Maybe not this year, but next year I WILL be planning a Road Atlanta trip as well.
-Eric
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

CivicBeater wrote:Interesting.

On a serious note, Security is on top of my list. I want to do it right, I'll have to see what Vegas10 can do for me. Cash will be limited as I'm dumping it all on the purchase of the car. (I'm not as baller as ITRSTEEZY)

I hope to meet a lot of ITR owners and members here at the nearby tracks or local pub. Maybe not this year, but next year I WILL be planning a Road Atlanta trip as well.
Since you can't make expo put the NCCAR NASA-SE dates on your calendar as that will be the next we-todd event. There are plenty of other meets, they do the annual PA meet (which will be in a few weeks), the thanksgiving meet in MD and we'll see if there is a second booze and guns meet in SC this Jan.

As far as security is concerned Alan (vegas10) is your man... His work is nothing short of awesome. If you want something similar to me look to spend in the $600 range.. It's a Viper 5901 w/ tilt sensor and backup battery, has a mile paging radius to the keypad. But the more shit you want the more it goes up obviously. A garage is obviously always the best bet of course.
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

Only problem with his normal location (under the seat/carpet) is that I may never have carpet, or interior panels, in the car so I had to install my 5901 in the dash. I should remove the dash and mount mine somewhere harder to get to, and plan to do so eventually...

Alan's work looks top notch though. I need to reinstall my alarm eventually, just took the quick route to get something in the car rather than nothing :P

I'm with Tran, but I call all of my cars POS. I would have been driving the ITR to work all week if I hadn't spilt oil all over the back of the engine.. letting it slowly burn off, then cleaning, then burn, then clean, etc.. trying to avoid an oil fire on the header :P

I look at other ITRs on the street when I see them, but don't tend to wave or anything. I also don't shun GS-R, GS, LS, RS, SE owners. Don't feed into the ITR elitist pool, there's enough of them already without you joining their ranks. Plus you'll just lose respect from everyone if you think you're somehow different from someone else just because you own an ITR.

I've taken my car to "car meets" (cars and coffee at Dupont Registry). Although I just go to look at the GT3's and such. No one there gives a crap about a ricer acura with a big wing. :P
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

itrsteez wrote:Don't be shocked when you find out when most of the people on here don't even own ITR's and are some of the nicest and helpful people you'll meet.
:thumbup: the owner of this site doesn't have an ITR any longer. I never had an ITR until recently, same with Jay.
-Dave
elambz
I love tight jeans y0!

Post by elambz »

BlueR wrote:i call mine a POS and don't even acknowledge that it even exists

i being serious
I'm not even sure anyone believes it still does exist.
2000 FBP ITR #0288
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

Yeah Dave, you'll learn that I'm pretty sarcastic by nature and most of the things in my OP was just to make a funny. Being raised in a crazy cuban family my outlook in life is to have as much fun as possible and not take things too seriously. It's a personality that sucks for internet relations, but once you see me drunk you'll understand.

I'm in a decent community where theft is non-existent (I know it only takes one time), and right now I'd like to put that roughly "$600" for security towards preparation and registration for track events.

We-Todd event sounds like a plan. Steve - We need to get together real soon to map out the rest of the year and what we're going to do.
-Eric
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

NP, unfortunately, you describe all too many ITR owners in your first post :)
-Dave
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

Dave-ROR wrote:NP, unfortunately, you describe all too many ITR owners in your first post :)
Ohh I know far too well...

One reason I am getting into an ITR is for that one crowd of ITR owners that are avid track guys that enjoy having a reliable/underpowered/awesome platform and at the same time know how to keep it real. 8)
-Eric
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

Dave-ROR wrote: ...I also don't shun GS-R, GS, LS, RS, SE owners. Don't feed into the ITR elitist pool, there's enough of them already without you joining their ranks. Plus you'll just lose respect from everyone if you think you're somehow different from someone else just because you own an ITR.
Haha, yes! As Dave said, up until late last year, neither him nor myself owned an ITR. We both owned GS-Rs, and Dave still does. I still fondly remember mine.

The elitism stuff definitely exists, and it's annoying.
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

CivicBeater wrote:We-Todd event sounds like a plan. Steve - We need to get together real soon to map out the rest of the year and what we're going to do.
The rest of the year for me will be...

May 1-2 @ CMP (NASA SE)
July 3-4 @ ACC (ITRCA)
Sept 25-26 @ NCCAR (NASA SE)
Oct 9-10 @ VIR (NASA MA)
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

itrsteez wrote:
CivicBeater wrote:We-Todd event sounds like a plan. Steve - We need to get together real soon to map out the rest of the year and what we're going to do.

May 1-2 @ CMP (NASA SE)
July 3-4 @ ACC (ITRCA)
Oct 9-10 @ VIR (NASA MA)
NCCAR & VIR needz to go on my calendar! Are there going to be mad ITR's at these events?
-Eric
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

At the NCCAR one you'll probably see at least 10 since it's a we-todd thing, but the VIR date is just a normal nasa date so if there are any others besides me then I'll be surprised.
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

itrsteez wrote:At the NCCAR one you'll probably see at least 10 since it's a we-todd thing, but the VIR date is just a normal nasa date so if there are any others besides me then I'll be surprised.
Sounds like a blast 8)
-Eric
turbohf
ITRCA Member

Post by turbohf »

lol. i rarely seem to see other R's on the road, when im in my R. when im rollin in the beater i see ITRs, Skylines, and other baller shit. i had a clean 98R fallow me for like 10miles when i was in my beater.

as for acknowledgment of others? i give a little wave to anything thats clean.

most important ITR owner thing would be the paranoia and security. never forget the security. but the paranoia for me has died. i was out at the street races (i never race with those fools tho) harassin people right after i got my R on the road. out at the HT meet, etc. seems the only ones that dont know i have an R by now are the ones that dont give a shit about hondas.
1997 Integra Type R #00095 ~ Daily Driver :)
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

CivicBeater wrote:
itrsteez wrote:

May 1-2 @ CMP (NASA SE)
July 3-4 @ ACC (ITRCA)
Oct 9-10 @ VIR (NASA MA)
NCCAR & VIR needz to go on my calendar! Are there going to be mad ITR's at these events?
I feel out of the loop with the track events this year. Where are all the threads talking about these?
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Dave-ROR wrote:Only problem with his normal location (under the seat/carpet) is that I may never have carpet, or interior panels, in the car so I had to install my 5901 in the dash. I should remove the dash and mount mine somewhere harder to get to, and plan to do so eventually...
He can install it anywhere you wish. :wink:

OP- Great information in here.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

I think I need to get a license plate that says "ATTNHOR" Holy cow PY is bright.
-Eric
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

walker111 wrote: I feel out of the loop with the track events this year. Where are all the threads talking about these?
No there really hasn't been much activity, but Andy did mention that the NASA-SE dates at NCCAR in sept would be the next we-todd event.
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

itrsteez wrote:
walker111 wrote: I feel out of the loop with the track events this year. Where are all the threads talking about these?
No there really hasn't been much activity, but Andy did mention that the NASA-SE dates at NCCAR in sept would be the next we-todd event.
I have a one day credit at CMP. I'm going there sooner or later this summer.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
audiko4
New ITRCA Member

Post by audiko4 »

If you have a garage use it!!
nannerb46
New ITRCA Member

Post by nannerb46 »

From someone who has met you at Honda, and owned an R, be preparred. People will follow you around here. I sold my car because of a lack of a garage. I was not going to sit by and watch my car(stock and clean) suffer a demise of others I have seen(4 in total).
I owned it for a year, and didnt sleep for 10 months.
former owner 2001 #41, miss her and will own one again.