Soooo. What do I need to know becoming an ITR owner?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Re: Soooo. What do I need to know becoming an ITR owner?

Post by CivicBeater »

nannerb46 wrote:From someone who has met you at Honda, and owned an R, be preparred. People will follow you around here. I sold my car because of a lack of a garage. I was not going to sit by and watch my car(stock and clean) suffer a demise of others I have seen(4 in total).
I owned it for a year, and didnt sleep for 10 months.
yikes. :cry:

I know you, or you know me??? When did we meet at Honda?
-Eric
nannerb46
New ITRCA Member

Post by nannerb46 »

I'm a finance manager there. I remember destinctly the bronze wedsports. Tall, blonde hair and from NY originally. If I remember correctly you were in the showroom with a friend talking about the Mugen Si(Tommys car) and the CR we had on the one side of the showroom at the time.
former owner 2001 #41, miss her and will own one again.
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

nannerb46 wrote:I'm a finance manager there. I remember destinctly the bronze wedsports. Tall, blonde hair and from NY originally. If I remember correctly you were in the showroom with a friend talking about the Mugen Si(Tommys car) and the CR we had on the one side of the showroom at the time.
What a memory! ha! However, I guess you can say that Si stood out a bit.

I remember that day, I came in with Gary who I believe you sold an Element to his girlfriend (now fiance).

Correct me if I'm wrong, were you the one that was sent out to do some track testing with the new accords? I'll have to come stop by some time with the R maing. 8) You need to get another one, like NOW! haha!

I've got extremely mixed feelings with a service manager there. Not sure if he is still there, believe his name is Ken? Ex Police officer etc. Come to find out I actually got him in a bit of trouble. A LONG time service tech there Gary opened a shop near my house in Clayton and recalled what happened between him and I and gave me the downlow. I guess sending a formal complaint to corporate does hold some water.
-Eric
nannerb46
New ITRCA Member

Post by nannerb46 »

Your memory is excellent as well. I know Gary, as his shop is not far from my house at all. I can recall on a few occasions seeing you on the opposite side of the road near Bojangles. If you had ever seen a PY R around there, it was mine.
I definately want to get another one, but like I said, the strain of not having a garage became to much. After I sold the car, my wife had told me that on more than a few occasions, people would stop and walk around it. That is not cool when her and my children are home without me.
If you want to talk, you definately know where to find me. Good luck with the caR. It is like nothing else.
former owner 2001 #41, miss her and will own one again.
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

I would have to disagree with some on here that said stay away from meets. I’m 30 years old, I own a 500+whp ITR and an NSX and I don’t feel like I’m to good to take either of my girls to meets and get to know folks, make contacts, let them check out the cars, etc. Of course if it’s a bunch of kids which, don’t get it wrong, most the time it is, I will leave. I have gone to meets with good people and had a good time hanging out. Yes safety is an issue...when I leave a meet, I ALWAYS drive a crazy route home, stop, make sure I’m not being followed etc. but I dont mind the extra drive home. ;)

Im in the Air Force and all the cities my career has had me stationed at there is at most 3 ITRs total (none in my current city, hell state for that matter!!) in the city and I hate it. I’ve never been to an event, including huge HIN events in cities like Dallas and Chicago with more than 3 ITR's in the same place at the same time. Sucks! Im sure they are out there I just cant get them all together to enjoy that! I kno, I kno, ITR EXPO…lol.

Anyway, enjoy heR and welcome to the site!!
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
mrc0516
New ITRCA Member

Post by mrc0516 »

Most important thing to know: how much it'll cost to insure and/or fix!