1998 ITR from original owner whole car no lowballers 8500

Post Cars For Sale ONLY
bergdorf5
New ITRCA Member

1998 ITR from original owner whole car no lowballers 8500

Post by bergdorf5 »

well im prtty pissed, i just spent 2 f'in hours typing my ad for my all original bone stock 98 1 owner Type r for sale. every detail, every item, complete history, just to submit it and be told to log in again and get a blank screen. it was very professional, and detailed, but im really pissed now my time was wasted.if anyone wants this god dam car its 8500 bucks all original and i bought it new call 865-387-7198 this is really bullshit

car is unregistered or affiliated with any club or oganization, and i bought it new, needs a fender and f bumper, thats about all the time im willing to put into it now after i laid out every single detail for everyone to see - no pm no emails NO TEXTS call to discuss only if you already have $8500 cash no other offers accepted no trades 8500 no less no thanks
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Re: 1998 ITR from original owner whole car no lowballers 850

Post by Doespike »

Ugh, I'm very sorry to hear you lost the original text. I've had that happen to me as well. Try the "Back" function and just maybe it'll go back to your original post.

What is the current mileage?
What is the general location? (city/state is fine)
Clean title?
Badge # on the armrest?

Best of luck with the sale!
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
InfiniteMotors
New ITRCA Member

Post by InfiniteMotors »

Found it on Raleigh Craigslist, and the ad says the car is located in Knoxville.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/1766757428.html
9701itr
New ITRCA Member

Post by 9701itr »

I emailed this guy and got no response. He is posting it pretty much in every city on craigslist. Its also on honda-tech. He also is claiming the car is all stock but considering it has 17's, race clutch and lightweight flywheel id say not so much.
bergdorf5
New ITRCA Member

Post by bergdorf5 »

yeah ok like i said i spelled out every single reason in a 2 hour long typing session, what it has, what it needs, the history, down to the most minute detail, all very accurately and honestly. including why its advertised elsewhere, and the fact that it is bone stock with the exception of those 3 components (clutch, flywheel, and rims). I really put in maximum effort to be respectful of the "community" here, since I just registered today, and even apologized for it being so long, but stating that it was all details that i thought a buyer would want to know, and how i have been explaining it hourly and daily in text, phone calls, and emails to every kid coast to coast that has responded, and that i thought it best to lay it all out in print for anyone interested. now because of the limitations of this site and my neglect to copy and paste the info, i am back to square one. this is the story that sounds way too good to be true, thats why i spent the time to cover everything, and make sure it was correct. I will never say or imply anything about this car that is not 100% factual. I know exactly how suspicious you readers would be of this, and why. thats why i made sure everything was addressed, and with explaination. I wonder if any of u readers understand the time it takes to reach that level of description, only to submit it and have it erased. i dont even really care if i sell it any more, ive got better things to do with my time than just waste it. so im not interested in debating anything with anyone, and anyone that questions what i say about it is laughable, because there isnt a sole out there that knows a damm thing about this specific car, except me. i really dont feel like going through it again, and i definately wont on this site. only callers will get any further questions answered, and know the real deal here, the rest are welcome to speculate. i was an acura parts manager for many years, and i drove this car off the showroom floor. ive lurked many a forum and am as knowledgeable about type r's and the true story behind them as anyone. remember guys, i was into this car since 1998, just kept it low profile. clean title 106k miles havent changed the t-belt yet. havent driven the car too much for the last couple years, amsoil, blah blah blah im just so sick of trying to explain it that i really dont care, ill just put the damm thing on ebay and be done with it. for the ones that will call me and ask a million questions then post the info here and take pot shot guesses at the truth? be my guest anything that saves my from typing all that again is just fine with me. oh yeah i have pretty shitty cell phone coverage so u might have to leave a message, i promise ill get back. had my phone right in front of me while i typed that ad, (2 hours of typing? i mean come on!), never rang once, and i checked my voicemail to find 3 new messages. the car is price very fair for both the buyer and seller, as a matter of fact i originally was going to sell it for $7500, but i think $8500 is the correct price for both parties, taking EVERYTHING into consideration, which i have done. I wont take trades or offers of less. sorry for the attitude but any of u would be pissed off too, and i probably should not have even wrote any ad at all in that state of mind, but i really wanted to get the ad on here. it was advised to me as the right location to sell this car by one of the other members. so pass it up as too good to be true, sketchy, whatever u like. call me, leave a message if i dont answer, and ill get back to u. anyone that isnt willing to do that is all talk anyways. to give u an idea of how long and descriptive my other ad was, it took 2 hours, and i type fast, this took me less than 5 mins to type. of course, i spent some of that 2 hours racking my brain and proofreading to get every last detail included and correct. i was pretty satisfied with it, and im a sticler about that kind of thing. now im just frustratede and furious, but ill get over it....no one else that put that level of thought and care into it would feel any different, if they had any sense at all.
bergdorf5
New ITRCA Member

Post by bergdorf5 »

also as a note, any email that i received was replied to promptly. if someone emailed me and got no response, either they put in the address incorrectly, or it went to my spam folder, but any advertisement i wrote had my phone number in it and clearly stated that callers were prefered.
bergdorf5
New ITRCA Member

Post by bergdorf5 »

and yes i tried the back button to no avail, but thanks for sympathizing.
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

Despite it needing some repair, buying it from the original owner is friggin shweet. glws
-Eric
bergdorf5
New ITRCA Member

Post by bergdorf5 »

this is why i spent the time to get it right the first time, so i didnt need to keep adding details but heres one worth mentioning. i know plenty about this car and the organizations that appreciate it, but they dont know anything about me, or my car. its been kept very low profile for 12 years, and will remain so as long as i own it. the vin and badge number will only be disclosed to a buyer that is serious enough to buy the car. I feel the new owner just may welcome that level of anonymity, and they will have that option. look at it, drive it, ask your questions, get your answers, take it to the shop of your choice, whatever u like, and place a deposit on it. then you are welcome to the vin and badge numbers to do your research, if required, and if you find anything i have said that was not complete, truthful, and accurate, you will be welcome to your deposit back with no questions asked (although i would prefer at least an explaination). i refuse to waste my time anymore dealing on that level with people that have no chance of buying it. i have already gone through showing to people, their body shops and alignment shops of their choice, wasted alot of time, then never heard back (incdentally they were quite convincing that they could buy the car, and would, and the shops of their choice confirmed the car was exactly as in the condition i stated in advance). by the way, it is a very low production number. this site wont take my pictures, something about the pixel size, and im done fooling with it. ill be glad to send photos of it to someone that takes the time to discuss it and i feel they can actually buy it. the car is on craigslist in several cities (and with good reason), as stated by one of you sherlocks on here, some have pics some dont, look it up its out there, some ads have some more detailed info, but no where near the level of detail and history that I spent the time to describe in my ad on this site that was lost.
las vegas
charlotte
charleston
raleigh
knoxville
nashville
atlanta
tampa
columbia
nyc
richmond
dallas
all with good reason, callers may ask why and get the answers in detail. i truly wish i posted it here and only here to begin with for a nice easy effortless sale. i thought honda tech was a good place, but apparently not. im losing patience from all the aggravation i have had to deal with. its quite obvious in the some of the ads. i wrote a similarly descriptive ad on honda tech which was deleted for some bullshit by the moderator, so i wrote a brief snotty one on there, still got a lot of response but mostly jokers and kids with only dreams. whoever buys this car will also receive a few extras, i have every single factory Acura genuine accessory that was offered for it. theres a few more bonuses that will be disclosed only to buyer, but nothing that is not stock or genuine acura. stock intake and stock exhaust same as the day i drove it out the showroom, never been off it. the only 3 items on this car that are not now or have ever been not-stock, is the wheels/tires (17"), performance clutch, and flywheel. i had comptech clutch and flywheel installed when the car was very new, then replaced recently with even better stuff (act 4? puck, cant remember if the flywheel was atc or not but it was the best i could find at the time, came from same source, i think it was atc if they even offer a lightweight flywheel). i got a setup that was rated at 300-400whp in case i ever decided to mod it. but i didnt. all work performed at dealership, i have been around hundreds of mechanics and shops, and the very 4 best real technicians i have ever seen in my life all worked side by side at the same dealership i did. these were the guys i allowed and enjoyed the priviledge of having work on my car, not to mention they were friends. sound too good to be true? u be the judge, which is real easy to do when u arent a real potential buyer. anyone that wants to put their money where their mouth is wont be sorry, and wont get any surprises. the rest can only guess. ive been approached probably hunderds of times by people trying to buy this car over 12 years, and always answered the same way. not for sale. this car has never ever been offered for sale anywhere ever (until the last week or 2) and never been affiliated with or registered in any group. its an unknown stock survivor (other than the few details mentioned) that i am the only owner of, ever.
9701itr
New ITRCA Member

Post by 9701itr »

I guess i am the "sherlock" that you mention of. I did write you an email from the address you listed on honda-tech and did not hear back from you. I am in the market for a Type R and am not some 18yr old kid wishing and praying for one. I know the car inside and out and thats why im purchasing one. But after hearing you ranting on here, id suggest being a little more respectful and courteous to other people on here considering you are trying to sell a car. Id have to say you sure turned me off from even making a phone call to you, which is ashame because we probably could of came to an agreement. Oh and i would also recomend you disclose to any potential buyers that you have replaced the tranny in the car, atleast thats what you wrote on honda-tech.
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

-Eric
bergdorf5
New ITRCA Member

Post by bergdorf5 »

it was all mentioned in explicit detail in the original ad. i apologize for nothing. maybe u should have called instead of sending an email to the wrong address, or taking the chance it would end up in my spam folder. it was clearly stated on honda tech to call. im a good guy, considerate, respectful, itr freak, but ive been pushed way more than u know, and i really just dont give a shit now. dont call, find a salvaged, modified, raced, or passed around itr that everyone else already knows about, or none at all, like i care. this car is none of those. it doesnt take a genius to figure out that its on craigslist or honda tech, but it takes a fool to think they know what i would and would not disclose to any real potential buyer. hell im the one that posted the info in the first place. im the one that spent half my day offering all details including tranny, and why, and all the details surrounding it (remember i was somewhat "connected" with Acura at the time). just because u want a type r means nothing to me, u and everyone else. a week ago was a different story, now i dont really care. when u question the validity of what i say pertaining to my car, and talk like u were able to dig up details and imply that i would not disclose them ( it was all spelled out in the original ad ) then i really couldnt care less what u think. if you want to start fresh, call me and show me you arent the same as all the other big taker / time wasters that like to jump to incorrect conclusions, the type that have genuinely affected my attitude about this sale, and it will be a different story fo sho.
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

I would recommend typing shorter paragraphs. Stick with short and sweet sentences with facts about the car and always include pictures. Typing an online ad is just like doing a project for work/school. Save always and save always. Since you can't do that online it is always best practice to type it first in a word document. Then you have a template to copy/paste with your other ads.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

bergdorf5 wrote:well im prtty pissed, i just spent 2 f'in hours typing my ad for my all original bone stock 98 1 owner Type r for sale. every detail, every item, complete history, just to submit it and be told to log in again and get a blank screen. it was very professional, and detailed, but im really pissed now my time was wasted.if anyone wants this god dam car its 8500 bucks all original and i bought it new call 865-387-7198 this is really bullshit

car is unregistered or affiliated with any club or oganization, and i bought it new, needs a fender and f bumper, thats about all the time im willing to put into it now after i laid out every single detail for everyone to see - no pm no emails NO TEXTS call to discuss only if you already have $8500 cash no other offers accepted no trades 8500 no less no thanks
As a helpful tip, check the "log me in automatically next time" box on the login screen, otherwise, session timeouts are a pretty standard thing and outside of the business world 2 hours is pretty unheard of, most sites use 20-60 minutes.

I'm sorry that you wasted the time originally, and the car sounds like a decent deal, but you need to post pics and the story to sell it IMO.

edit: wrote price, meant "the story"
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

For an original owner 98 I'm pretty sure he could be peeing on the buyers face while signing the bill of sale without being out of line. I don't think there will have to be much catering done, this will sell itself.

Best of luck with the sale Mr Bergdorf.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
bergdorf5
New ITRCA Member

Post by bergdorf5 »

coolhandluke wrote:I would recommend typing shorter paragraphs. Stick with short and sweet sentences with facts about the car and always include pictures. Typing an online ad is just like doing a project for work/school. Save always and save always. Since you can't do that online it is always best practice to type it first in a word document. Then you have a template to copy/paste with your other ads.

u mean like i did the first time right? thanks...
bergdorf5
New ITRCA Member

Post by bergdorf5 »

itrsteez wrote:For an original owner 98 I'm pretty sure he could be peeing on the buyers face while signing the bill of sale without being out of line. I don't think there will have to be much catering done, this will sell itself.

Best of luck with the sale Mr Bergdorf.
i know im a little wound up today, but that was so funny i actually laughed...hard...dont think even i would go quite that far, not even today.....but thanks for the encouragement. i guess whoever wants this car will have to be a little understanding, my patience has been tried beyond what i can describe. the buyer will need to distinguish themself from the commentors, and open by at least not implying that im hiding anything (although i am quite aware of the stigma surrounding the sale of genuine type r's) or less than honest about the car. im not saying u need to believe everything i say, have your doubts if u like, but dont tell me about it until u find out the real facts is all im asking. i just dont have the tolerance to listen any more garbage any more from people that would not / could not even buy the car if they were completely satisfied that everything is on the level.

(almost) EVERY single person wil claim that they can buy the car, and want to, in order to waste my time satisfying their little egos or curiousity. im close to telling people they cannot even view the car unless i see their cash first. not there yet, but close. that really gets old and although its only been on here since today, i have been dealing with this nonsense for almost 2 weeks - my fault for not offering it here first i guess. everyone has their breaking point man. im practically giving it away to the right buyer, when u take into consideration all the facts. put a couple grand into the car or less and its worth much much more than u will have invested. a couple grand meaning if u cant do anything, go to a bodyshop, and get jacked for retail. much less if u can do a little work or get a deal. im pretty fair. im offering some extra items for free to the buyer. some of the responders seem to understand, and some clearly dont get it. i debated a while about selling this car. its very special. many many people think so even more than i do. i expected it to be as painless as letting go of an all original 1 owner itr, my itr, can actually be. i have carefully protected the unknown status of this car for 12 years! now im pissed, and i have actually considered upping the price to compensate myself for the aggravation. cant put a price on it, but and extra $1500 or so to jet to vegas and blow on gambling and strippers might go a long way towards stress relief to make up for the pain. but i wont. i made up my mind carefully on the price to be very fair to both parties, and many people whose opinions i respect have stated that it is extremely fair to the buyer. the price will remain as stated for as long as i can take it. for example 10 seconds ago a guy texted me, asked to buy the car, i texted him back to call me, he replies he has no minutes for his phone, but has cash and will come buy the car right now from 3 hours away. AAARGHH!!! come on no minutes??? no phone to use?? but is gonna come 3 hrs right now and drop 9k cash?? to whom it ma concern, there is not a member on here that would not have had their jaw drop from the first ad i wrote, out of the blue all original 1 owner car, every detail of history spelled out, and with the proper level of detail and consideration, as well as respect to the forum and appropriate salesmanship and etiquette at the same time. now it just is what it is, hope someone want to work it out is all i can say.
Last edited by bergdorf5 on June 1st, 2010, 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

To be honest, the more you raise your price the more idiot buyers you'll weed out. From there you'd have to exercise patience and communication but you would probably find the more mature buyers that way.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
bergdorf5
New ITRCA Member

Post by bergdorf5 »

bergdorf5 wrote:
coolhandluke wrote:I would recommend typing shorter paragraphs. Stick with short and sweet sentences with facts about the car and always include pictures. Typing an online ad is just like doing a project for work/school. Save always and save always. Since you can't do that online it is always best practice to type it first in a word document. Then you have a template to copy/paste with your other ads.

u mean like i did the first time right? thanks...

well i guess that was uncalled for, because your advice was very good and would sincerely be helpful, if i wasnt already completely aware of it and in agreement. i buy and sell some cars sometimes for kicks and cash and do pretty well with it by following some of those same standards. but this is MY CAR, not something to flip, and even though i was well aware of the responses i would get, i just expected it to be gone in like 2 days with minimal headaches. like i said, i should have posted it here and only here first. my first reply was merely to make the point that i tried that,and had alot of my time wasted, in part my own fault but damm that sucked so bad.....
Last edited by bergdorf5 on June 1st, 2010, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bergdorf5
New ITRCA Member

Post by bergdorf5 »

Dave-ROR wrote:
bergdorf5 wrote:well im prtty pissed, i just spent 2 f'in hours typing my ad for my all original bone stock 98 1 owner Type r for sale. every detail, every item, complete history, just to submit it and be told to log in again and get a blank screen. it was very professional, and detailed, but im really pissed now my time was wasted.if anyone wants this god dam car its 8500 bucks all original and i bought it new call 865-387-7198 this is really bullshit

As a helpful tip, check the "log me in automatically next time" box on the login screen, otherwise, session timeouts are a pretty standard thing and outside of the business world 2 hours is pretty unheard of, most sites use 20-60 minutes.

I'm sorry that you wasted the time originally, and the car sounds like a decent deal, but you need to post pics and the story to sell it IMO.

edit: wrote price, meant "the story"
i appreciate it, and agree, but there is no way i am typing it all out like that again, not today, and ill likely sell the car before i am up for it again. site isnt taking my pics, and im not fooling with it any more, not right now. i know better than to trust a website to secure my work, i didnt intend to put so much effort into it originally, but in telling the history and description i got consumed in the details, which i figured everyone would like to know, and ended up wasting a few hours on it. ive had a pounding headache ever since, and no good bud. its a rotten day, but thanks.
bergdorf5
New ITRCA Member

Post by bergdorf5 »

itrsteez wrote:To be honest, the more you raise your price the more idiot buyers you'll weed out. From there you'd have to exercise patience and communication but you would probably find the more mature buyers that way.
makes sense, but a little late for that. its 8500 cash no more no less (unless someone just cant believe that deal or trust it because of the low price. then feel free to make higher offers)
guanacoracing
New ITRCA Member

Post by guanacoracing »

Check out posts #28 and #31 on H-T:

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2769786&page=2
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

I don't like the tone this thread has taken. OP, please clean it up and post pics or this topic is bound to be locked.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
_hollywood
New ITRCA Member

Post by _hollywood »

This is the angriest classified I have ever read, just use some spaces once in a while, here is some advice.

1. post a pic of your car
2. tell us the mileage, a brief history and price
3. wait for offers to come in.

Its really that simple.

No need for the massive explanation of why you are having a bad day, its wasted time.
97R

"A fast and functional car will never go out of style"

Fabled Four
itr01-1137
New ITRCA Member

Post by itr01-1137 »

I think poeple would be afraid to talk to him. He might hang up or yell, if they ask what happened to the rear sticker and side stickers.