Rear upper camber kit\Control arm(skunk2!)

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
JFX
ITRCA Member

Rear upper camber kit\Control arm(skunk2!)

Post by JFX »

Hi everyone... So I have a DC2 with Tein Type Flex coilovers. Since the day I installed the suspension setup, I installed skunk2 rear camber kit Image after 5000 mile, I decided it was time to go on the circuit so I inspected the car before and I was shock that my rear left bushing was ''torn'' so much that it needed to be replaced. I really do not understand how it could have weared so fast! The right side is like new, but the left side need replacment. I'm having hard time with Skunk2 suspension component. My front left balljoint need also replacement(also have front Pro Plus Skunk2 camber kit), but at least for the front component I can order only the balljoint. I'm really thinking to buy back new OEM rear upper control arm, even if the car is very SLIGHTLY dropped. No more than .5 inch.
I don't want to have to replace often...
Let me know your suggestion;
JF
Markusirealius01
ITRCA Member

Re: Rear upper camber kit\Control arm(skunk2!)

Post by Markusirealius01 »

JF its funny that you brought this up. I own my own store and i used to carry all the skunk camber equipment. after countless complaints and problems i stoped carrying their camber product. the rear kits for the new SI's have problems as well. the bushings get about a 1/4 inch of play in them after about 3k miles of use.
www.jsracing-net.com
www.typeoneracing.com
J's Racing, T1R, Feel's, and Spoon Authorized Distributor.
JFX
ITRCA Member

Post by JFX »

thank you really much for the input. I will email skunk2 this week. I removed those arm last weekend and put back brand new OEM stuff.
Thanks
JF
JFX
ITRCA Member

Post by JFX »

Here are some picture I took when I removed the camber kit:
sorry for the bad quality picture.
turbohf
ITRCA Member

Post by turbohf »

pic is legit, you can CLEARLY see where it says SKUNK2 RA..... lol sorry.

good reason why i like to stick with OEM parts. always been pretty fond of a hand full of washers and some quality bolts to adjust the rear camber. OEM components, and solid adjustments.

on another note. i had a set of SPC rear upper arms on a previous car that where seized. i got one of the 4 pieces to eventually move if i remember right. then just got rid of them. and stacked some washers on the OEM arms. now i have SPCs again on my R when i got it :( but these ones work, at least last time i had an alignment anyway.
1997 Integra Type R #00095 ~ Daily Driver :)