Any interest in original ITR tires?

For Sale / Wanted
ksconekiller
New ITRCA Member

Any interest in original ITR tires?

Post by ksconekiller »

I have the set of RE010 tires that came on my ITR brand new. Build date is 47th week of 1999. They are physically in excellent condition and have quite a bit of tread left. Two of them are a bit more worn on one of the edges (looks like too much toe out or camber at some point), but they all have plenty of tread otherwise. I have no need for these tires, but is anyone else here interested in them? I was thinking maybe somebody would want them for nostalgia or show purposes. Just let me know. Thanks.
mafi83
New ITRCA Member

Re: Any interest in original ITR tires?

Post by mafi83 »

I might be interested. How much shipped to 00987? Send some pics to mafi_83@yahoo.com

Thanks & GLWS
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

11 year old used tires...
thats risky.
swed
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

Well really anything over 5 years, properly stored, starts to be risky. I've rolled on tires much older than that though. Hell I've rolled on tires that were 15+ years old without issue :P

I think the OP in this case is trying to sell them as a "show piece" to make a car really original, and not for actual use, but I could be wrong. RE010's pretty much suck by todays standards anyways.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

Oh, and for the OP, you have to post a price.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
ksconekiller
New ITRCA Member

Post by ksconekiller »

Yes, Dave, I was thinking they could be more for show purposes or short drives only. I know there are ITR owners out there who barely drive their cars, and this could make an excellent addition to something like that. As long as a person isn't flogging the hell out of the car, there's really not much risk here. FWIW, these tires were on the original wheels until about 4 months ago and only have about 10K miles on them. They were stored indoors in black bags and are really in excellent shape.

I didn't post a price, as I was more interested in finding out if there was a market for these first. But since we are on the subject, let's say $100 OBO plus shipping?
jfults2000
New ITRCA Member

Post by jfults2000 »

If there is extra interest in the original RE-010's I think I have a set as well I could let go.
mafi83
New ITRCA Member

Post by mafi83 »

I think the OP in this case is trying to sell them as a "show piece" to make a car really original, and not for actual use, but I could be wrong. RE010's pretty much suck by todays standards anyways.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. That's what I'd use them as.

Can I get a price on shipping to 00987? Thanks!
Little_Nolan
ITRCA Member

Post by Little_Nolan »

I tracked on a set of old re-010's at E8 and I thought they were actually very good tires. (better than I thought)
I KILL car thieves.