reputable paint in tampa

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
ohio_itr
New ITRCA Member

reputable paint in tampa

Post by ohio_itr »

I've been searching for good paint shop in the tampa bay area, and everywhere ive gone people either didnt know what the car was....or they didnt think it was real? so the question is does anyone know any good shops around here that can paint and at a decnet price??? also is phoenix yellow a single stage paint? someone today told me three stage and others say duel stage but ive read around and other R owners say its single?

help please, i just want the right paint haha
nannerb46
New ITRCA Member

Re: reputable paint in tampa

Post by nannerb46 »

I can't help on the paint shop, although I am pretty sure Dave is from the area originally. As for the whay the Pheonix Yellow is laid, it is definately a single stage, and one of the main reasons it is so prone to fade. If you have any questions about that, bbasso is the man for that.
former owner 2001 #41, miss her and will own one again.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Contact John @ LHT performance. They don't do paint, but I would trust his recommendations in the area.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

Merik's European used to be great, but I don't trust him to do good work anymore (unless you are driving a german car..).

Salemi's or whatever off 275 and howard/armenia area is supposed to be good. Gene Perez used to do great work but I've heard good and bad about him lately (he also used to be incredibly expensive, now his shops are cheaper). There used to be a shop in Pinellas Park that did great work but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

I believe Tampa Racing has a paint shop rec thread, but beware, most of it is people looking for decent, but cheap, paint jobs.. probably not what you want.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

nannerb46 wrote: If you have any questions about that, bbasso is the man for that.
If you have doubts about the condition of your paint, send me high res pictures and maybe I could help. I travel alot and could possibly detail the car.
But damage is damage, not many things can be done to fix...

Yes, Single stage paint. And being it's a Honda, it's soft as shit and easily damaged. :(
swed
ohio_itr
New ITRCA Member

Post by ohio_itr »

alright illl have to get ahold of john, is he the same guy who owned the turbod R? i appreciate all the help guys
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

ohio_itr wrote:alright illl have to get ahold of john, is he the same guy who owned the turbod R? i appreciate all the help guys
Yes, same guy.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
ohio_itr
New ITRCA Member

Post by ohio_itr »

oh awesome thanks alot for the help. after paint and a tune ill post pics of the caR haha