Craiglist 98 CW

Post Cars For Sale ONLY
guanacoracing
New ITRCA Member

Craiglist 98 CW

Post by guanacoracing »

This R shows up in MO, AL, UT Craiglist postings (maybe some others - still checking), certainly all over the place:

http://semo.craigslist.org/cto/1822685174.html

Posts are almost the same verbiage in all. Mileage claimed to be 88050 in some of them. VIN only shows up once.
Obviously price is not $2312.

VIN is given as JH4DC2317WS004826

Does anyone here know anything about heR?

I have an email out to the OP
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Re: Craiglist 98 CW

Post by Doespike »

Interesting because the VIN is that of the caR in the pictures....the last USDM '98 off the assembly line. Those pics were from a previous owner though...he sold it a year or more ago.

Probably just a scammer who grabbed the VIN/pics when it was listed for sale...happens.
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
guanacoracing
New ITRCA Member

Post by guanacoracing »

So here's what the seller says:

Hi, the car is located in rochester ny, the price for the car is $2,300, destination charges are included in the final price, which means that the shipping is included. As you've probably already seen on my CL ad, I decided to lower the price, to avoid wasting time with negotiations and find a buyer as soon as possible.

few words about the car: 1998 Acura Integra Type R, 4 Cylinder 1.8 Liter vtec engine, manual transmission - in great shape, no engine problems, oil changed properly, working AC. The car has always been stored inside, 88k miles. I have a clear title for it. VIN#: jh4dc2317ws004826.

Anyway, I want to tell you that I am currently on a trip for UNICEF, that's why I chose to sell my car over the internet and suggested using ebay for completing this deal. I've already included the car into ebay vehicle purchase protection, so I will sell ONLY through this. If you want to buy the car, I can give you a detailed description of the ebay vehicle purchase protection. Thanks, Juana Marie Thomas

Use this link to see the pics.

http://s807.photobucket.com/albums/yy351/juanathomas/

==========

Incidentally, the price in the CG posts range between $2300 and $2312 so unless Juana cannot type one more digit...

I'm now only waiting to hear from the bank official in Nigeria who has $20 million that he cannot take out of the country...
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

LOLZ....scammers still using the "ebay protection" route..
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
TypeRob
New ITRCA Member

Post by TypeRob »

i was a victim of one of these scams when i was 18. ugh. 28 now
NBPITR878
New ITRCA Member

Post by NBPITR878 »

YEP I seen the add as well I got a reply at like 4;30 am ..said the same thing ebay addvised me to not releasethe vin info for safety reasons . come on now are people realy going to fall for this type of scam ? and yea I thought he just missed typed as well so I asked the same question . And when I got the reply I knew for sho scam .
CEPbl
New ITRCA Member

Post by CEPbl »

Damn iT!!! i deleted the e-mail she sent me. In the e-mail she sent me she said she found out that her mother had cancer and that's why she was selling it. lol.