How much should I ask for a "new" ITR?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
socalitr
New ITRCA Member

How much should I ask for a "new" ITR?

Post by socalitr »

Hi guys, new to this forum but I figured this would be the best place to ask this question. In the summer of 2000 I allowed my fiance (now ex fiance) to use my name to finance a new type R. She agreed to make all payments, but hasn't been able to for a while and now I've taken the car back and have to sell it. It is in my name and I'm the original owner, but I need to figure out all the DMV paperwork (don't know where the license plates are, or any registration paperwork, etc.) before I can do this.
Here's the deal: it was the second type R we bought, so this one was driven straight from the dealership, parked, and never driven again until I drove it to my shop yesterday. It has 50 miles on it. It is black. It was originally sold in CA so it can be registered in CA - she said she registered the car as non-operational last month but I've got a lot of investigating to do to confirm that. The credit union still holds the title, but we've been making payments for 3 years now so the pay off amount on the loan isn't that high anymore. We paid quite a bit over sticker to get the car originally, so when I get all this paperwork sorted out, how much should I ask for the car? I can't afford to make payments on it anymore so I need to move it relatively soon. The car is absolutely pristine - it is brand new - so how much should I ask for it? Where would I advertise it? Thanks in advance for your help - I'll take some pics today and get the VIN and the ITR # (the plate on the armrest still has the protective blue tape over it).
jorge
New ITRCA Member

Re: How much should I ask for a "new" ITR?

Post by jorge »

Sell it for 22,500. If I lived in Cali I would buy it, sell my current r and buy it.
RXLR8TION
New ITRCA Member

Post by RXLR8TION »

If you are really selling, I am interested, private message(PM) me after you get paperwork figured out-send pics!!

Thanks,

Justin
'00 FBP USDM ITR #736 (RIP)
'01 CW Canadian ITR #1181

Drivin' Type Rs' is my business, and business is good!!!

Drive Fast. Race Hard. Never Look Back. Go for Redline.
sscguy
ITRCA Member

Post by sscguy »

It's like a dream come true...and just $3000 too expensive it looks like...dammit
A bunch of days left 'till Expo '05!
jetydosa
suite 200

Post by jetydosa »

Whoa, 50 miles! :shock:
Do not blow compressed air into your mouth or ears.
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

Post by George Knighton »

You're not going to have a problem selling it for that price, if it's as advertised.
YellowDragon279
ITRCA Member

Post by YellowDragon279 »

According to Kelly Blue Book A 2000 Type R with 50 miles in San Diego is Worth 19,500 or 18,200 in Washington, D.C.

This is just a Base to think about. I am sure you can get atlest 2-3 grand above those prices.
The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
socalitr
New ITRCA Member

Post by socalitr »

Thanks guys! I took my digital cam to my shop yesterday and the batteries were dead (of course). It is ITR #1166. I'll wait until I've got the paperwork sorted out and then post it in Classifieds.