not boosting? need your help!!!

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
JDMDC2turbo
New ITRCA Member

not boosting? need your help!!!

Post by JDMDC2turbo »

hey guys, I just recently installed in a new t3/t04 .60 a/r 50 trim turbo. Now I am not boosting???? The car runs but once I try to boost, my car seem to slow down and feels like its been restricted until I shift to the next gear.Even though when I shift to the next gear, there was no boost. While I was shifting my blowoff valve did not go off releasing the pressure. I also was watching my boost gauge and it only reach to 0 bar. I tried to boost several times and the boost gauge can only reach to 0 bar. Any ideas???

I was also working on my turbotechnics wastegate and broke off the pressure bolt. I replaced it with an regular bolt with a nut to lock it. I just figure it will work the same as the original one. Maybe that might effect the boosting???
Last edited by JDMDC2turbo on June 10th, 2003, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

Re: not boosting? need your help!!!

Post by Jan Niemi »

If your wastegate adjustment bolt broke off, it makes me wonder how. You would have to be pretty abusive to it to break it, I wonder what else was damaged. Make sure the turbo spins freely, look at the inducer on the compressor side to see if it is spinning. Make sure the wastegate valve is free to move, remove it and try to move it with your fingers. If you have let's say an 8 or 9 lb spring, it does not take a lot of effort to move by hand. And lastly make sure none of your piping came loose.
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
JDMDC2turbo
New ITRCA Member

Re: not boosting? need your help!!!

Post by JDMDC2turbo »

well, this mornning i was testing my motor out again. Trying to figure out how come i'm not boosting with my new turbo. I found out that my wastgate is leaking...thanks to the adjustment bolt broke off. Even though I replaced it with a new aftermarket bolt, the needle on the boost gauge is barely passing 0 bar. Its an improvement to last night. I have checked all the piping and my new turbo is running fine. I also check my blowoff valve to see if there is enough pressure coming out and everything is running fine. My wastegate is about 4 years old, i just barely tight it and the bolt snapped off..hehe. I'm gonna buy a longer bolt to see if it eliminate the leakage. If not then I have to replace it with a tial wastegate.