9. Danger
10. dc2itr617
11. _hollywood
12. speedracer
13. walteR
14. turbohf
15. bvtec
16. el type r
17. white rocket (abso-fcukin'-lutely!!!!!)
18. BannisteR
19. Dc2 R guy
20. raceline usa itr
21. cmeot
22. R 01 1101
23. 98itrspec
24. the tea-father Sport Car Motion ITR
25. ATS*Anh
26. MikeHonda +1 ITR
27. Kimo (Yea, that's right! I picked up another one )
28. old skool
29. drive4aliving
30. Rene1123
31. Steady R
32. gnauqman
33. NA_ITR
34. Kiwi Special projects ITR
35. Yoshi
36. Mineral Grey ITR

Word is spreading and I have not yet begun my marketing plan to get these guys out to Expo. Yoshi was at our meet with his little daughter and was also exited about Expo coming out west.
Here are some of his photos.
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2815063&page=2
Willard
SLEESTACK

Re: Expo 11 - Possible Event Location

Post by Willard »

y-b0t? :shock:

:hrmmm: Who wants to ride shotgun in the MPG Civic EX?
(~2400 miles = ~35 hours each way)

:|
'84 242ti (bent, in storage)
'04 Pilot EX
'08 Fit sport
#01-0154 PY = sold :(
{9 ITR Expo's IAR!!}
White Dragon
ITRCA Member

Post by White Dragon »

Thank you everyone for your feedback thus far and I would like to see the healthy conversation continue. My next step is to develop a tentative schedule, price per driver, and minimum number of drivers required to make the event happen. Once I have those three items figured out, we can talk specifics. I also hope to have a date identified shortly after as well.

As soon as we know more information, I will share it here on ITRCA.
White Dragon
ITRCA Member

Post by White Dragon »

BTW - every post I make will also be added to my original post to make it easier to keep up with the updates. :)
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

White Dragon wrote:Thank you everyone for your feedback thus far and I would like to see the healthy conversation continue. My next step is to develop a tentative schedule, price per driver, and minimum number of drivers required to make the event happen. Once I have those three items figured out, we can talk specifics. I also hope to have a date identified shortly after as well.

Just to clarify, is Willow Springs the track in mind for pricing, etc?
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Been thinking about this a good bit and thought I'd throw in some food for thought. I'm in no way knocking anyone from any coast of this country, but just thinking realistically.

I think if we really had a very solid growth of attendance and a few extremely positive, buzzworthy, successful events in a row and signs of further momentum (this year was a great showing of that) then we could handle the gamble of going west. Not quite yet though, IMO. Also I don't see the HPD thing as being all that great vs. the risks, at least not vs. the acura support. I don't know the details of either group's involvement, but either, and/or both is a huge plus. Mid-Ohio (as well as a number of other tracks) would be far more successful imo and I would think we could get Acura/Honda to join in there again and possibly even get HPD on board even if just a single representative or some t-shirts. I'm not just saying that because of how much I love mid-Ohio or because I've suggested it every year since E2 :P Given it's location, who still has Rs and comes to these things, where they live, and the huge base of people to rely on and pull from (instructors, sponsors, maybe even vendors??) in that area and this coast I think it would be a huge success and possibly an event to rival E3. The community has been crying out for that track/location for years. Given where the Rs are that would be the best location for high numbers in appearance we've had since beaver. It could be just as successful out west, but you will of course lose a huge chunk of those that have made this possible for the last 9 years.

I really do think a west coast expo at this time will really slow down and lead the core of the group to begin to forget about it. While I, and many others, want to bring in loads of new people and would love to have both coasts with strong showings (I hate that there is something between them, can't we all just get along??) I don't think the event is quite strong enough yet for a big risk with it's stamina.

With this said, no matter where Expo is I'm there; whether I have a car with me or not and no matter where it is I really hope it's a huge success. I definitely want to see these keep going and am always happy and willing to do anything I can to help it do so.
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Well said Erik
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Post by itrsteez »

Erik95LS wrote:Been thinking about this a good bit and thought I'd throw in some food for thought. I'm in no way knocking anyone from any coast of this country, but just thinking realistically.

I think if we really had a very solid growth of attendance and a few extremely positive, buzzworthy, successful events in a row and signs of further momentum (this year was a great showing of that) then we could handle the gamble of going west. Not quite yet though, IMO. Also I don't see the HPD thing as being all that great vs. the risks, at least not vs. the acura support. I don't know the details of either group's involvement, but either, and/or both is a huge plus. Mid-Ohio (as well as a number of other tracks) would be far more successful imo and I would think we could get Acura/Honda to join in there again and possibly even get HPD on board even if just a single representative or some t-shirts. I'm not just saying that because of how much I love mid-Ohio or because I've suggested it every year since E2 :P Given it's location, who still has Rs and comes to these things, where they live, and the huge base of people to rely on and pull from (instructors, sponsors, maybe even vendors??) in that area and this coast I think it would be a huge success and possibly an event to rival E3. The community has been crying out for that track/location for years. Given where the Rs are that would be the best location for high numbers in appearance we've had since beaver. It could be just as successful out west, but you will of course lose a huge chunk of those that have made this possible for the last 9 years.

I really do think a west coast expo at this time will really slow down and lead the core of the group to begin to forget about it. While I, and many others, want to bring in loads of new people and would love to have both coasts with strong showings (I hate that there is something between them, can't we all just get along??) I don't think the event is quite strong enough yet for a big risk with it's stamina.

With this said, no matter where Expo is I'm there; whether I have a car with me or not and no matter where it is I really hope it's a huge success. I definitely want to see these keep going and am always happy and willing to do anything I can to help it do so.

Jesus christ, I don't think I could of said it any better myself... actually I couldn't of. To the organizers these thoughts are the sentiments of most of us.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Erik brings up some strong points.

-NASA's "involvement"
-HPD's involvement, is centering an event around their facility worth the risk? What are they offering?
-West Coast turn out in terms of Nov/Int/Adv paid drivers and instructors
-How much of the core attendees the past ten years will be able to financially make the trip/participate as drivers. If that number is less than the majority, that's a red flag.

I'm a nut so I'l be there as a driver regardless, but like most I only have a limited amount of PTO. The idea of spending $1000 to drive there and back plus required vacation time does worry me. I'm sure I would make it work, but it may not be the most financially responsible thing to do. If there are large group of Mid West and East Coast individuals with those same sentiments (or worse, unable to attend), I think those voices should be heard.

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

Well put, Erik. Tough to argue with that.
-Eric
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

coolhandluke wrote:
White Dragon wrote:Thank you everyone for your feedback thus far and I would like to see the healthy conversation continue. My next step is to develop a tentative schedule, price per driver, and minimum number of drivers required to make the event happen. Once I have those three items figured out, we can talk specifics. I also hope to have a date identified shortly after as well.

Just to clarify, is Willow Springs the track in mind for pricing, etc?
My real question here is, are we picking Willow Springs because it is close to HPD or because it is a high quality track? I understand the answer could be both, but which one has the higher priority? If I'm driving 6,000 miles round trip I would feel better if that track was selected for its quality vs. distance from HPD.

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

coolhandluke wrote:Erik brings up some strong points.

-NASA's "involvement"
an excellent point. NASA involvement unless they're willing to be completely hands off and just sanction a single race of ONLY Honda Challenge (they won't allow that btw...) is just going to drive things into the ground. They will want it their way with multiple series and the event will be overrun with cars having nothing to do with expo and we'll being paying more for much less track time. I'd love to have HC cars out there and really love a race, but unless NASA has no involvment.......no thanks. That's no longer Expo.
-Erik

itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

***Good idea fairy alert***

Have it at MAM.
20 hours from NYC
25 hours from LA

so it's safe to say that it is a safe "half way" point. Have it in the middle for survey purposes. When comes to event time you'll be able to see if west coast participation is what you thought it would be.
IntegraTionR
New ITRCA Member

Post by IntegraTionR »

Erik95LS wrote:I really do think a west coast expo at this time will really slow down and lead the core of the group to begin to forget about it. While I, and many others, want to bring in loads of new people and would love to have both coasts with strong showings (I hate that there is something between them, can't we all just get along??) I don't think the event is quite strong enough yet for a big risk with it's stamina.
Then you wonder why: "I hate that there is something between them, can't we all just get along"?
And why there isn't much of a following from the West.
Saying that "the preeminent group morale will drop there after once Expo goes West" is non-sense as you do not speak for everyone and is degrading the West.
Ask yourself how the West felt about the fact that it stayed in the east for the past 9 years!!!
Reading through all these post, it's mainly the east who are doubting the West attendance & driver numbers. Which I understand from the previous failed attempt. But that was only 1 attempt from my knowledge.
It's understood that people in general are afraid to come out of their comfort zone. So they tend to stick with what they know works!
At the same time, it's funny how the east is so struck about Expo going West and loosing participants while they all say:
Erik95LS wrote:no matter where Expo is I'm there; whether I have a car with me or not and no matter where it is I really hope it's a huge success. I definitely want to see these keep going and am always happy and willing to do anything I can to help it do so.
As far as I know, Expo started in the West! (Expo 1: Buttonwillow, California)
And if you're on board no matter where Expo goes, then y'all should be happy that it's going back where it all started! Please don't try to pull such comments like these again and wonder why there is such animosity.
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

IntegraTionR wrote: Ask yourself how the West felt about the fact that it stayed in the east for the past 9 years!!!
That argument might stand for VIR @ 7&8, but the midwest isn't exactly "the east". A lot of people on "the east" traveled very far to make it to Joilet. Tampa or NYC to Chicago isn't terribly much less than LA to Chicago. But none the less where was the dedication from the CA guys to make it?
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

My opinion from a perspective of looking in from the outside.....

"If it ain't broke don't fix it."

I think about the annual CRX meets in Niagara falls. Same location every year for many years now. It works.
-Eric
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

IntegraTionR wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:I really do think a west coast expo at this time will really slow down and lead the core of the group to begin to forget about it. While I, and many others, want to bring in loads of new people and would love to have both coasts with strong showings (I hate that there is something between them, can't we all just get along??) I don't think the event is quite strong enough yet for a big risk with it's stamina.
Then you wonder why: "I hate that there is something between them, can't we all just get along"?
And why there isn't much of a following from the West.
Saying that "the preeminent group morale will drop there after once Expo goes West" is non-sense as you do not speak for everyone and is degrading the West.
Ask yourself how the West felt about the fact that it stayed in the east for the past 9 years!!!
Reading through all these post, it's mainly the east who are doubting the West attendance & driver numbers. Which I understand from the previous failed attempt. But that was only 1 attempt from my knowledge.
It's understood that people in general are afraid to come out of their comfort zone. So they tend to stick with what they know works!
At the same time, it's funny how the east is so struck about Expo going West and loosing participants while they all say:
Erik95LS wrote:no matter where Expo is I'm there; whether I have a car with me or not and no matter where it is I really hope it's a huge success. I definitely want to see these keep going and am always happy and willing to do anything I can to help it do so.
As far as I know, Expo started in the West! (Expo 1: Buttonwillow, California)
And if you're on board no matter where Expo goes, then y'all should be happy that it's going back where it all started! Please don't try to pull such comments like these again and wonder why there is such animosity.

you misunderstood and personalized my post. I didn't say anything negative about the left coast people and have absolutely no animosity towards anyone out there. That's just silly. I'm simply stating a concern about how this may effect the event from here on out. I don't speak for everyone and never claimed to, but I've spoken with a number of Expo regulars about this and many feel roughly the same way. And yes, expo started out there. Taking it back there was tried before and no one out there was willing to sign up so it came back east again. Between that and the very few coming to the events have led it to continue to be mostly east coast (though most often in the mid west rather than east coast specifically). I'm still not getting where you think that I'm making "comments like these" that are in any way negative. I just posted about a concern that I, and many others, have about where E11 may be. Get over yourself and lets move forward with some positive discussion. Wherever expo is, I hope you and everyone who can, no matter where from, can make it.
-Erik

coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Please try to make any of these comments personal. No one here is saying one particular area or coast is better than another.

Expo 1 was on the West Coast, and Expo 4 was slated to be on the West Coast, but folded, due to lack of attendance.

Historically from the North East, South East, and Mid West have had higher attendance numbers than those from the western regions. I am bias, but that to me says something. That doesn't mean there haven't been those who haven't made the journey from WA, NV, AZ, etc but its clear where the majority of participants have been from the past few years. I agree with others that this is a point that shouldn't be overlooked.

If a large degree of past attendees are unable to attend because of the distance involved, I would say that would qualify as group morale dropping. Many here are not afraid to branch out of their comfort zone, so that isn't an issue here. I'm on board for where ever Expo will be (as I'v already stated) but I also understand that many long time attendees have a wife, family (some young kids), and limited vacation days. I respect those priorities and since many arn't here voicing their opinion I am pointing that side out.

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
IntegraTionR
New ITRCA Member

Post by IntegraTionR »

I can assume that Expo's success through out the years in the east is due to the connections Expo have made and have brought in.

What I understand from this attempt(gut feeling) is that the Expo committee has no strong link to a solid West/ Mid-West ITR based community and are afraid of loosing their distinguished followers (east).
So even I will say that I won't be surprised of another failed attempt to have Expo on the West!!!
It's just a matter of "How bad does the committee want this to happen"?

I'd like to ask this upon our Expo committee: How was Expo 2 carried out? I counted 40 ITR's in the lineup picture @ Gingerman.
The list that Yellowkahuna has summed up are mostly California presumed attendees alone! AZ and NV ITR's hasn't even been all accounted for yet!
What are the prospective numbers you would like to see?
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

IntegraTionR wrote:What I understand from this attempt(gut feeling) is that the Expo committee has no strong link to a solid West/ Mid-West ITR based community
Yeah the committee has no strong link to the mid-west, besides most of them living there.

PS, Chicago is not on the east coast.
BlueR
ITRCA Member

Post by BlueR »

IntegraTionR wrote:I can assume that Expo's success through out the years in the east
Stop that!

take a look at the damn map of the US if you've never seen one
R-Speed
BlueR
ITRCA Member

Post by BlueR »

itrsteez wrote:
IntegraTionR wrote:What I understand from this attempt(gut feeling) is that the Expo committee has no strong link to a solid West/ Mid-West ITR based community
Yeah the committee has no strong link to the mid-west, besides most of them living there.

PS, Chicago is not on the east coast.
neither is gingerman or mid america motorplex :?
R-Speed
BlueR
ITRCA Member

Post by BlueR »

IntegraTionR wrote:
I'd like to ask this upon our Expo committee: How was Expo 2 carried out? I counted 40 ITR's in the lineup picture @ Gingerman.
that was Expo 2, having 40 ITRs was considered a success
to have 40 ITRs for Expo 11 would be a complete utter failure
R-Speed
IntegraTionR
New ITRCA Member

Post by IntegraTionR »

Then if the committee is so worried about the distinguished members falling off and morale dropping, then with due respect, keep it where it has always been.
Why even think of such attempt to diminish the West with talks of doubts?
These post are nothing far from setting E11 for failure if they are composed of nothing but doubts!

Either you're in or you're not!!! And whether you'll be driving or you won't!!!
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

BlueR wrote: neither is gingerman or mid america motorplex :?
Didn't want to dig that far back, the past 2 years makes enough of a point. I could understand saying VIR is too far, even though it's a mecca that any diehard should want to drive.

That's why my vote goes with MAM, see who shows up, hell even make a friendly game out of it.

But Mid Ohio would be the shit, I almost hate to keep mentioning it.