The OT place for OGs to BS w/o BS.

Anything goes? Well, if you keep it clean and aren't obnoxious.
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Re: The OT place for OGs to BS w/o BS.

Post by CivicBeater »

coolhandluke wrote:
CivicBeater wrote:Looks good Ryan. Just my 2 cents, but there shouldn't be much of a reason to hit the whole car with clay again so soon. Unless you're spot treating the hood from marbles.
The are still areas of the car that need more work. I spent several evenings doing it the first time but as I waxed/sealed I found more areas that needed improvement. I plan to use a higher grade and finer clay next time around since the car will be in better shape. I also know the car will be covered in brake dust again after the event. I enjoyed the process so I make start waxing/sealing it regularly. Or maybe I'll give the daily some love. Both need to be buffed though.
Sounds like you have a solid game plan. Reason I'm not a fan of Claying more than needed is it will micro-mar your paint. It purely should be used to remove surface contaminants that you can feel gliding your fingers over the paint. Once you have a fresh sealer on your paint a quick detailer will actually help aid in removing a lot of debris such as brake dust etc. There is a light polish in it that will help keep a lot of your sealer on while removing garbage that's sitting on it. Once you introduce the clay you're stripping more of the polish/sealer and starting from ground zero again. If the quick detailer method doesn't work, pick-up a fine finishing polish to help remove the rest, then top off with a sealer. You should have great results with much less work this way..
-Eric
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

Erik95LS wrote:
I remember that kid, he's done a few others like that. He gives his all. haha
I thought it was Bradstard before he reached puberty and started ruining ITR's. :lol:
quote - Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

CivicBeater wrote:The dutch are awesome:

http://jalopnik.com/5606681/the-dutch-c ... olkswagens
I'll bet Nick is trying to strap a set 0' them hoops onto a Karmen Ghia. :D
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Post by itrsteez »

Yayyyyyy the rebuild is done on the black R. At a mere fraction of what it cost on the 98

Hopefully picking up jacks spare dc2 next weekend for donor body panels/quarter panels, I would say it ruins the collectors item status but that was ruined when the rust hit it :) then getting a full respray.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

itrsteez wrote:Yayyyyyy the rebuild is done on the black R. At a mere fraction of what it cost on the 98

Hopefully picking up jacks spare dc2 next weekend for donor body panels/quarter panels, I would say it ruins the collectors item status but that was ruined when the rust hit it :) then getting a full respray.
W00t! Hope yoose in N.C. don't have to duck & cover soon. < hurricane >
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

98 CW ITR 322 wrote:
itrsteez wrote:Yayyyyyy the rebuild is done on the black R. At a mere fraction of what it cost on the 98

fuckin hurricane has me stuck on call.
Doespike

Post by Doespike »

Goot to hear :) Glad the 98 was so strong at MO mang....been a long way. Still good after VIR?

Collectors item = ANY fawking ITR that survives beyond 20 years from it's build date....at the rate they're dying.
But yeah.... #s matching all original > *** :P
<--not included in last part..
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Doespike wrote:

Goot to hear :) Glad the 98 was so strong at MO mang....been a long way. Still good after VIR?

Collectors item = ANY fawking ITR that survives beyond 20 years from it's build date....at the rate they're dying.
But yeah.... #s matching all original > *** :P
<--not included in last part..
Yeah, the options would be to bondo over any rust or just completely replace panels. Although it kills the purist in me I don't need my car flaking away 4 years down the road (doubt I'll keep it that long anyway). It'll serve for an awesome DD, fresh motor, fresh paint. Sort of what the 98 was suppose to be. either way original block, trans and badge; that's good enough for me.

Yes the 98 is still trucking, 3k into the rebuild and it's a champ. I have no doubts in it.
BlueR
ITRCA Member

Post by BlueR »

tell them why the 98 is so strong now lol
R-Speed
Doespike

Post by Doespike »

I'm no body guy but I know there's better stuff out there than Bondo. I'd prolly be hesitant to drill out the whole quarter panel and replace unless it was totally fubbared from an accident er some hardcore rusting. Your rust wasn't that bad iirc. I've seen worse :P

Glad she's a champ.....she should trek it to The Glen :P
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Doespike wrote:I'm no body guy but I know there's better stuff out there than Bondo. I'd prolly be hesitant to drill out the whole quarter panel and replace unless it was totally fubbared from an accident er some hardcore rusting. Your rust wasn't that bad iirc. I've seen worse :P

Glad she's a champ.....she should trek it to The Glen :P
Yeah the rust isn't that bad at all, it's not really my area of expertise though. NNY people have a little more exp with rust.

I really do want to do the glen but I don't think it's going to work this year. Like I said though, more than likely I'll move back home to NNY one of these years and that place will be the home track. Barber is currently #1 on the list.

@marc, lol... yeah #563 had 96 GSR cams in it, how sick is that? either way the sob still drank oil. Not sure who originally built that thing but it had 81mm sleeved darton block, CTR pistons, 96 gsr cams and stock ecu. Pretty solid shit. I even contacted the original owner to ask what he had done and he claimed to have forgot. If I would have known I just would of threw a jdm itr swap in there and called it a day.
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

I can't keep up with numbers...which one is #563? :P

I'm watching NBC's "Five Days After Hurricane Katrina." Wow, so much of this information has been forgotten in my mind after the last five years. We really messed this one up and sadly many lives were lost and ruined.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

coolhandluke wrote:I can't keep up with numbers...which one is #563? :P

I'm watching NBC's "Five Days After Hurricane Katrina." Wow, so much of this information has been forgotten in my mind after the last five years. We really messed this one up and sadly many lives were lost and ruined.
#563 = CW/#318 = NHBP
splat
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by splat »

At the tire store waiting on my ride. Shop guy tells a dude waiting "we got your tire replaced. The reason it blew out is that you were running 70 psi."

WTF???
I've had beer at VIR, Summit Point, CMP, Roebling, Road Atlanta, BeaveRun, Gingerman, MAM, Lowe's Motor Speedway...
Seven-time ITR Expo participant
Willard
SLEESTACK

Post by Willard »

WTF?
'84 242ti (bent, in storage)
'04 Pilot EX
'08 Fit sport
#01-0154 PY = sold :(
{9 ITR Expo's IAR!!}
Willard
SLEESTACK

Post by Willard »

Marc = you haz PM.
'04 Pilot EX
'08 Fit sport
{9 ITR Expo's IAR!!}
Bradstard
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Bradstard »

How can they tell how much PSI you were running AFTER the blow out?
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Bradstard wrote:How can they tell how much PSI you were running AFTER the blow out?
THIS!!!

Morning from the lovely hospital room here at Greenville Memorial.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

itrsteez wrote:
98 CW ITR 322 wrote:

At least you'll be safe in that top secret underground bunker. :P
-Eric
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

CivicBeater wrote:
itrsteez wrote:
98 CW ITR 322 wrote:

At least you'll be safe in that top secret underground bunker. :P
I was concerned about 'steezy's freshly rebuilt R too. It would be the pits if it got washed away in the storm surge. Keep 'er safe mang.

edit: And the rest of yoose hoons in the N.C. VA area.
splat
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by splat »

Bradstard wrote:How can they tell how much PSI you were running AFTER the blow out?
'Cause all the tires were inflated to 70psi :shock:

"You're supposed to run between 32 and 35 on those tires. We took the others back down to that."

I have no idea what the dude was thinking running that much pressure. It's a wonder he didn't blow 'em all out. I couldn't tell what kind of car it was, unfortunately.
I've had beer at VIR, Summit Point, CMP, Roebling, Road Atlanta, BeaveRun, Gingerman, MAM, Lowe's Motor Speedway...
BlueR
ITRCA Member

Post by BlueR »

Willard wrote:Marc = you haz PM.
replied!
R-Speed
Willard
SLEESTACK

Post by Willard »

BlueR wrote:
Willard wrote:Marc = you haz PM.
replied!
U haz another PM. :lol: 8)
'04 Pilot EX
'08 Fit sport
{9 ITR Expo's IAR!!}
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

:D DIY Remote Control Smoker!
It will text you when the meat is done!
BRAD? BRAD?
http://www.designnews.com/article/51021 ... _Roast.php

http://link.brightcove.com/services/pla ... 3267874001

LOL at SMTP domain name; grill@driveway.com.
splat
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by splat »

Back at the tire store. Dinguses mounted one backwards.