The OT place for OGs to BS w/o BS.

Anything goes? Well, if you keep it clean and aren't obnoxious.
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Re: The OT place for OGs to BS w/o BS.

Post by itrsteez »

coolhandluke wrote: haha, too funny. Thanks for the support. We'l see what happens.
take your time and buy something cheap, I'd hit up the foreclosures.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

So within the next 3 months I'll be visiting:

Miami
Bahamas
St. Thomas
Turks and Caicos
Puerto Rico
Phoenix, AZ
Los Angeles, CA
New York Citayyyy, NY

Dang. Kinda pumped as I've never been to most of these destinations.
-Eric
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

I'm keeping an open mind. If it works, sweet. If not, I do relish in the fact I have very little overhead and more important very little financial risk in my current living situation.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

coolhandluke wrote:I'm keeping an open mind. If it works, sweet. If not, I do relish in the fact I have very little overhead and more important very little financial risk in my current living situation.
For how awesome home ownership is cracked up to be I would love to go back to my days of being able to easily pick up and go as I please. Once you have to furnish a whole house then you're fucked.
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Yeah...that is the big downside of moving anywhere outside of my current living situation.

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

It's official. I have nothing in common with anyone here.
-Eric
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

coolhandluke wrote:Yeah...that is the big downside of moving anywhere outside of my current living situation.
Yeah, I'm not completely against it but definitely give it some thought unless you find some crazy deal. Maybe I'm bitter because I purchased right before the market crash so I'm still sort of stuck for awhile and definitely do not care to live in this town any longer. But you can't go wrong with SC/greenville.
CivicBeater wrote:It's official. I have nothing in common with anyone here.
are you getting emo?
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

Intersections on SPEED channel.
quote - Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

itrsteez wrote: are you getting emo?
I have no typer, no iphone, and I live on the East Coast. Should I end my life?
-Eric
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

CivicBeater wrote:
I wouldn't, you have a 30psi air pressure gauge in the mail. I'm sure that wasn't in your will.
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

itrsteez wrote:
CivicBeater wrote:
I wouldn't, you have a 30psi air pressure gauge in the mail. I'm sure that wasn't in your will.
LOL, reason enough to live. :D

30psi? :(
quote - Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

itrsteez wrote:
CivicBeater wrote:
Not to be a vulture, but if you arn't going to be needing it....lol

I am going to be looking for a decent deal. I also don't want to spend a large amount of money (now) on top of a home price though. I'm a big DIY person but I also lack the tools, motivation, etc, to start a big hom renovation project by myself. If I can land a house that I'm 100% committed to, sweet. I'l give a renter (or two) lined up asap to assist with the bills/mortgage, and I'l will try to make big payments up front on to aide with interest. The downside is doing track events and car projects will halt. I'l be at the events, but as a spectator for most events.

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Try to swing a 15 year if you can, that's the best advice I can give.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

coolhandluke wrote:
itrsteez wrote:
CivicBeater wrote:
what use would a 30psi gauge be to you? :P
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

In this market, granted its gonna get a bit worse before it gets better, but its a great time to buy. I dont really have the urge to pick up and move, probably more like balls to pick up and move...but, if you're comfy in the area, why spend 500 to 1k to rent, houses are so cheap down there you can buy for that cost. Granted its more long term and your kinda committing yourself for atleast a couple of years, but whenever this market comes up you are setting yourself up for some good equity. Market will never go back to what it was, but it will get better.

15 year, maybe in that area. I'd love to do it here but 300k in 15 years would be hard to cut.
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

walker111 wrote:In this market, granted its gonna get a bit worse before it gets better, but its a great time to buy. I dont really have the urge to pick up and move, probably more like balls to pick up and move...but, if you're comfy in the area, why spend 500 to 1k to rent, houses are so cheap down there you can buy for that cost. Granted its more long term and your kinda committing yourself for atleast a couple of years, but whenever this market comes up you are setting yourself up for some good equity. Market will never go back to what it was, but it will get better.

15 year, maybe in that area. I'd love to do it here but 300k in 15 years would be hard to cut.
I agree, I guess my disposition is my mortgage is more double of what I used to pay for rent. Granted theres more room and stuff, I think it's partially because I was a dumbass and bought a townhouse in a yuppie community and should of bought a house in the country. (there was a yapping mouth in my right ear swaying against being in the sticks)

But yeah it is definitely a buyers market, no question. I wish I would have narrowed my search to easily more affordable places on a 15 year term, a year into my mortgage I got pissed on the asinine amount of money kicked to interest and barely over a hundred bucks on principle. So I re-fi'd down to 25 years @ 4.75, effectively dropping total interest payments over life of the loan $92,000. Right off the bat principle payments kicked up to the $500 range and payments stayed the same.

That's why I try to push people to go 15 if they can, the way I look at it if you can pay off a house twice as fast as normal then you can go out and splurge on a GT3, boat or vacation property for the other 15.
walker111
Post Whore!!

Post by walker111 »

itrsteez wrote:
walker111 wrote:In this market, granted its gonna get a bit worse before it gets better, but its a great time to buy. I dont really have the urge to pick up and move, probably more like balls to pick up and move...but, if you're comfy in the area, why spend 500 to 1k to rent, houses are so cheap down there you can buy for that cost. Granted its more long term and your kinda committing yourself for atleast a couple of years, but whenever this market comes up you are setting yourself up for some good equity. Market will never go back to what it was, but it will get better.

I agree, I guess my disposition is my mortgage is more double of what I used to pay for rent. Granted theres more room and stuff, I think it's partially because I was a dumbass and bought a townhouse in a yuppie community and should of bought a house in the country. (there was a yapping mouth in my right ear swaying against being in the sticks)

But yeah it is definitely a buyers market, no question. I wish I would have narrowed my search to easily more affordable places on a 15 year term, a year into my mortgage I got pissed on the asinine amount of money kicked to interest and barely over a hundred bucks on principle. So I re-fi'd down to 25 years @ 4.75, effectively dropping total interest payments over life of the loan $92,000. Right off the bat principle payments kicked up to the $500 range and payments stayed the same.

That's why I try to push people to go 15 if they can, the way I look at it if you can pay off a house twice as fast as normal then you can go out and splurge on a GT3, boat or vacation property for the other 15.
That is an awesome way to look at it!

My first house I bought on my own, the whole process took a month to find, by and move in! This time there is two of us picking so we both have to give, but, its been a few months now. I'll have to look at the options in terms of 15-30 year loans.... Thanks.
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

Erik95LS wrote:
coolhandluke wrote:
itrsteez wrote:
CivicBeater wrote:
what use would a 30psi gauge be to you? :P
I take the front tires on the fit to about 15psi at the local strip. 8)

Ryan, if you want it it's yours. I paid a little over $50 if I remember for it. 20 beans
-Eric
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

walker111 wrote:
itrsteez wrote:

That is an awesome way to look at it!

My first house I bought on my own, the whole process took a month to find, by and move in! This time there is two of us picking so we both have to give, but, its been a few months now. I'll have to look at the options in terms of 15-30 year loans.... Thanks.

Get on bankrate.com and use their mortgage calculator
http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/mor ... lator.aspx

Make sure you select the button to show the amortization table, to show a full payment breakdown. A lot of people think that half the loan term means double the payment, but that's hardly the case. The problem with the human psyche (and I fell victim to this also) once you're "pre approved" for a 30 year amount your brain starts trucking with all the places you could afford.

If the 30 year loan didn't exist home prices would have never exploded and we wouldn't be in as bad of a financial mess that we are now. I'm just stoked I figured all of this shit out after making a jumbo mistake.
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

itrsteez wrote:
I'm just stoked I figured all of this shit out after making a jumbo mistake.
lmfao. Dude I wet myself laughing at your self pity.
-Eric
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

Speaking of "wet"

Any of you gettin any ill effects from this Hurricane yet? Stay safe out there.
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Not sure, it was still dark on my way to work this morning. I don't have winders, I'm assuming it'll be trash when I walk outside though.
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

-Eric
splat
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by splat »

itrsteez wrote:

Yep, I agree with you on the 15 year term if you can swing it. A lot of you younger dudes should be in a great position to get into your first/second house and be very comfortable, financially.

We're looking, too. But at bigger pads closer in to work. I still absolutely love being out in the boonies, but Bef is getting pretty fed up with 2+ hour drives home if she doesn't get out of the office by 3:30 :( She's been a good sport for seven years, but it's taking a toll.

So if anyone is looking to land in the Triangle, give me a holler. 1700sq ft 3br 2.5 ba on .47 acres. We're dealin :p
I've had beer at VIR, Summit Point, CMP, Roebling, Road Atlanta, BeaveRun, Gingerman, MAM, Lowe's Motor Speedway...
Seven-time ITR Expo participant
Doespike

Post by Doespike »

^^ j00 mail the window sticker? Haven't gotten it and just wondering if I should beat on the Mail Lady..
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!