JRSC for ITR

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Shahriar35
New ITRCA Member

JRSC for ITR

Post by Shahriar35 »

I really counld use some help from the ITR gurus. I want to purchase an JRSC for my ITR. I am confused on which JRSC will fit the ITR.

I have heard that the B16a2 (99 SI) will fit. But some have said that will fit the GSR. Also heard that the GSR will not fit because of the manifold bolt pattern is different.

When I looked at www.supercharger.com and under the high boost section, the part number 989-604 applies to the ITR, however from what I can remember there was a regular boost version too, I just dont recall that part number

I just want to get the information straight before I start looking.

Thank you
Shah
Last edited by Shahriar35 on November 3rd, 2010, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
itr #1334
ITRCA Member

Re: JRSC for ITR

Post by itr #1334 »

It won't fit a GSR. Your right about the gsr. It has a different bolt pattern. Just look for a B16/itr SC
Little_Nolan
ITRCA Member

Post by Little_Nolan »

itr #1334 wrote:It won't fit a GSR. Your right about the gsr. It has a different bolt pattern. Just look for a B16/itr SC
I dont think the b16 kit will work but the charger will bolt up to an ITR head of course.. I believe the belt length is different than the ITR kit and maybe some other stuff.

There is an ITR specific kit
I KILL car thieves.
itr #1334
ITRCA Member

Post by itr #1334 »

^^interesting.
Shahriar35
New ITRCA Member

Post by Shahriar35 »

Yea the one that applies to the ITR is kit number 989-604, however its a high boost application and it is not CARB legal, I know before there was a lesser power one which was CARB legal. Since some kits are discontinued I am trying to find a used one, just need to know which one will work.

Thanks
R-box
ITRCA Member

Post by R-box »

I have a carb legal one, but maybe you should call Jackson Racing and ask them? I know earlier this year their site had the old info on it. I have no idea the part no. on mine as it came with the car, but it's their first design of it, not the new rounder manifold type. Sorry if I'm babbling, go call them! LOL
love it or shove it.
Little_Nolan
ITRCA Member

Post by Little_Nolan »

R-box wrote:I have a carb legal one, but maybe you should call Jackson Racing and ask them? I know earlier this year their site had the old info on it. I have no idea the part no. on mine as it came with the car, but it's their first design of it, not the new rounder manifold type. Sorry if I'm babbling, go call them! LOL

So they still make the B-series chargers??
I KILL car thieves.
R-box
ITRCA Member

Post by R-box »

I'm not sure if the under-new-owners Jackson Racing makes them or just sells ones they have. So maybe? Mine came on the car, in 2004, so it's the original model. Only way to find out is to call and ask. I know Oscar Jackson's new company isn't making B-series types.

Original, bought-out "Jackson Racing": http://www.supercharger.com/

New Jackson Racing (Oscar reclaimed his business name): http://www.jacksonracing.com/
love it or shove it.