Who has Hyper Ground Systems

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
type_r_556
New ITRCA Member

Who has Hyper Ground Systems

Post by type_r_556 »

i'm interested in getting these for my type r, but i want to know a couple of things, one if you got it, and how do you like it, where i can get it for a good deal, and is it worth it, or does it just make your engine bay look nice and tight, i'd do it alone for just the way it makes your engine bay look, but it actually doing something would be a bonus. so who has input on these bad boys?
2001 Acura Integra Type R 01-556
Eugene Lee
Bellevue, WA
PY-ITR1246
New ITRCA Member

Post by PY-ITR1246 »

well i didnt buy the actual kit, i just took some 4awg wire that i use for sound systems in car and just cut them to the length that i need

i dont know if it did anything to help horsepower but i know it looks alot better that that weak 8awg wire that is running from the valve cover to the body.
2000 PY Type R #1246

Let the mods begin
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

PY-ITR1246 wrote:well i didnt buy the actual kit, i just took some 4awg wire that i use for sound systems in car and just cut them to the length that i need

i dont know if it did anything to help horsepower but i know it looks alot better that that weak 8awg wire that is running from the valve cover to the body.
might as well do the tranny one as well.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
BLaDz01
New ITRCA Member

Post by BLaDz01 »

i'm lost. anyone care ot explain what the hyper kit does?
-Thomas Hereford
kabob
ITRCA Member

Re: Who has Hyper Ground Systems

Post by kabob »

Supposedly, cars coming out from the manufacturer aren't grounded properly so that electricity needed for various systems is lost. By attaching a thick wire from the block, tranny and other major components to the frame, the car is better grounded. The company behind the Hyper kit claims that this will add about 5 hp and 5 lb/ft of torque generally across your powerband (dyno-proven).

I'm still skeptical about how this actually equates to power gains but your interior lights will get brighter, as well as your headlights and you'll reduce that dimming that happens when you turn on your stereo, power windows, etc.
ITR0754
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITR0754 »

Well, I too am skeptical about this grounding kit deal. However, for the price, its not too bad to give it a try. However, is the kit basically the same for all brands ?? I mean, is it the same to buy HyperGround's kit than it is to buy the kit that Arospeed makes ??
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

It's just heavy gauge braided steel wire so it shouldn't matter who you go with. Just buy whichever is cheaper :)
type_r_556
New ITRCA Member

Post by type_r_556 »

my question is also this, where exactly would you mount it to? which parts of the motor, and the frame?
Eugene Lee
Bellevue, WA
ITR0754
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITR0754 »

Yeah, I too would like to know about mount points. Does anyone have pictures of where they grounded the wires. I've actually read that you can loose power if you ground the wires wrong.
Champ R
ITRCA Member

Post by Champ R »

I have a T1R grounding kit, and from my observations, i noticed that the electrical system was improved. This means brighter headlights, better starts and a bit smoother engine operation. As for any hp/tq gains they were questionable at best. The wires definitely look a lot better than the stock ones in the engine bay.
CW 98 #805
type_r_556
New ITRCA Member

Post by type_r_556 »

hey champ R where did you install the wires at, what did you connect them too? that is my question, how many wires, are they all connected back to the ground of the battery? or what, can you take some pictures? or do you have pictures? thanks
Eugene Lee
Bellevue, WA
ThisFlyGuy
New ITRCA Member

Post by ThisFlyGuy »

i have a grounding kit and i think it only gave me like 1-2 extra hp... :lol:

just mount them to the bolts that are connected with your battery, chassis, engine block, etc---the important bolts :wink: