Speedo off and on switch??

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
itr #1334
ITRCA Member

Speedo off and on switch??

Post by itr #1334 »

So I have this switch under my fuse panel. And I never knew what it did sense It was there when I bought the car. So Last night I saw it stucking out of the dash and decided to flip the switch to off( Wasnt driving the car) and nothing happened so I drove off and realized my speedo didn't work at all. Thinking It might have been that switch I switched it back on and Instantly my speedo worked. So my question is why would anyone want a switch to turn your speedo off? I thought about it and can't think of any good reasons.
Ford Prefect
ITRCA Member

Re: Speedo off and on switch??

Post by Ford Prefect »

itr #1334 wrote:So I have this switch under my fuse panel. And I never knew what it did sense It was there when I bought the car. So Last night I saw it stucking out of the dash and decided to flip the switch to off( Wasnt driving the car) and nothing happened so I drove off and realized my speedo didn't work at all. Thinking It might have been that switch I switched it back on and Instantly my speedo worked. So my question is why would anyone want a switch to turn your speedo off? I thought about it and can't think of any good reasons.
Would that affect the odo as well?
'97 ITR #90 - Stock - 1st owner
'03 CL Type-S - 6spd
ITR Militia Member #2
270+lb ITR CLUB We fall in, and crawl out
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Post by itrsteez »

Yes it does, there's a fuse you can pull that kills your speedo which ultimately turns off your odometer from cranking.

Congrats lucas, your ITR has 400,000 miles.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

Geezuz :?
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
itr #1334
ITRCA Member

Post by itr #1334 »

Yeah geez that kinda sucks. Cars never going anywhere though. I have the car fax and im the 4th owner and don't seen anyone owning it for years and never putting any miles on it. But who knows right. Crap now I can't sell it to anyone on here I kid I kid.
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Wow.....
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472