Is the RSX(JDM Integra) Type R ever coming to the US?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
integra891
New ITRCA Member

Is the RSX(JDM Integra) Type R ever coming to the US?

Post by integra891 »

Just wondering if the RSX Type R will ever be coming to the US? Also what kind of specs does it have?
snookerblack7
New ITRCA Member

Re: Is the RSX(JDM Integra) Type R ever coming to the US?

Post by snookerblack7 »

From what I've heard, it won't be coming to North America in the near future. It would be great to see it come over(I've seen it in Japan and it's very cool!) but the fact that it's not here helps keep prices high for the ITRs we already have.
BLaDz01
New ITRCA Member

Post by BLaDz01 »

i dunno, i'm not that big a fan of the new RSX or any new hondas for that matter. I think the company has lost alot. The new civic, the new SI, the new teg. Its nothing special.
-Thomas Hereford
integra891
New ITRCA Member

Post by integra891 »

i agree with you bladz...most of the current honda offering is lackluster but I do like the new integra type r with the body modifications. It looks a helluva lot better than the rsx without the body kit and its got performance too. Also when the new type r rolls around older type rs will have lower resale value and then i can afford one!
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

Well, considering that the car will be watered down when it comes here to the US (as our own DC2 ITR's are more than a little bit), I'm not too excited about the DC5 Type R coming to the States. The car is not too much faster than the Type S (220 hp vs. 200 hp, respectively), the underbody kit and wing are already available, and I'm positive we will not see the Brembo brakes (4-pot front, 2 rear), Recaro SRD buckets, complete red interior and high-flow exhaust amongst other parts Honda will deem are "too expensive to carry over with not enough demand" :roll:
JDMdriver
New ITRCA Member

Post by JDMdriver »

One of my friends who is in love with his RSX told me that you could import to the US, but if you have a budget of 40,000 and are willing to pay for tax on the right side steering and shit like that
Just got my new BLACK ITR, I love it so much, there are somethings that I have to replace and work on but it's all good.