Just Doesn't Feel the Same

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
pUrExTc
ITRCA Member

Just Doesn't Feel the Same

Post by pUrExTc »

Some of you might remember me from a while back ago. I haven't been on ITRCA for a while. My bad. Anyway, from last I posted on here, I talked about getting a '03 Honda CBR600RR. Wellx, I did. It's a lot of fun! 15000 RPM redline, and the thrill of the open road. Since then, my Type-R just doesn't feel the same. Anyone else who rides, feel like this about their bike, and their car?

Shout outs to everyone from before!
'98 Acura Integra Type-R
'03 Honda CBR600RR
Surgeon General's Warning: It's OK to Smoke V8's
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Re: Just Doesn't Feel the Same

Post by Dave-ROR »

pUrExTc wrote:Some of you might remember me from a while back ago. I haven't been on ITRCA for a while. My bad. Anyway, from last I posted on here, I talked about getting a '03 Honda CBR600RR. Wellx, I did. It's a lot of fun! 15000 RPM redline, and the thrill of the open road. Since then, my Type-R just doesn't feel the same. Anyone else who rides, feel like this about their bike, and their car?

Shout outs to everyone from before!
Yeah, car's are boring compared to bikes.. but then I witness some of the actions of the idiotic (and seemingly blind) drivers in the area and become happy that I'm in a 2700lb machine..
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
BLKITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by BLKITR »

I know exactly how you feel. When I ride my 2001 CBR600F4i and then drive the R, I can't help but feel alittle let down by the acceleration. However, there is something to be said for relaxing in a car. On the bike, I have to be constantly of the defense. I am always worring about whether the idiot in the SUV is going to see me or not. Whether that on coming car is going to turn left in front of me in the intersection as I approach. In the R, I am much more visible and less likely to get T-boned by some moron. It is still possible, but a lot less likely.

All in all, I still love the R. Sometimes I wish it had a little more kick, but it still puts a smile on my face when the VTEC kicks in.
2000 ITR #413 Black
AEM CAI \ DC 4-1 header
snookerblack7
New ITRCA Member

Post by snookerblack7 »

Holy crap!! :shock: 15000 redline?!?! I didn't believe it until I looked on the honda website... I feel my priorities in life shifting...