Reccomendations for VAFC tuning?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
captainzorg
ITRCA Member

Reccomendations for VAFC tuning?

Post by captainzorg »

I just purchased a VAFC for my 97 ITR. I am doing some reasearch to find a good place to bring the car to and have it tuned. I live in southern NH.
captainzorg
ITRCA Member

Re: Reccomendations for VAFC tuning?

Post by captainzorg »

Come on guys! No suggestions??? No one knows anyone who is good at tuning a VAFC?? :?:
shivers
Site Admin

Post by shivers »

Sorry ... I don't know anyone in that area of the country. Have you tried posting in the NE forum?
2005 s2000
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

I've heard of good tuners in Virgin Beach, VA...how far are you from that...
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Jan Niemi »

The VAFC is evil, I'm sorry you too have gotten sucked in. The ITR ecu is very finicky, then again, I'm running 440cc injectors, if you are all motor, you might have better success with it. Have fun. Hondata, I'm dreaming of you, VAFC, I have nightmares about you.
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
captainzorg
ITRCA Member

Post by captainzorg »

NE forum doesn't get a lot of traffic. I was hoping to get a good respone from you guys. Possibly in the DC or in Mass area, If there is any known for VAFC tuning experiance.

Any help will be appreciated.
ITR325
New ITRCA Member

Post by ITR325 »

I agree, very evil. The ITR is such a finicky car when all you do is play with fuel delivery. My suggestion, Mugen ECU and an adjustable FPR. Just make sure you have a good fuel pressure guage and a good way to measure air/fuel. ie: Autometer Air/fuel, or better yet and digital o2 voltage meter.
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Mugen ECu is no better. VAFC is a good tool for a lightly modded car at a great price.

A voltage meter or Autometer A/F guage are both reading from a narrow band O2 sensor the the info is slow and junk for feedback. If you need that much info you need a wideband O2 and cxontroller liek a Techedge.

If you can get to DC you need to get in touch with Steve Sakai of SGT Racing. He can tune your car with that in under an hour.

Jan is right the Hondata is superior and after using both I still like the power FC and datalogit a lot as well. I have one of each in the garage and I go back and forth from time to time.
xc1097
New ITRCA Member

there are places to go in NE too

Post by xc1097 »

hey
if you live in NH, just take rt. 93 or rt. 1 and go to medford/malden area in Mass.
there is place called IPS Racing attached to Ciro's
the guy who runs the shop is Mike and he's really nice guy
go visit his website @
http://www.ipsracing.com
hope this helps you
インテグラ Type - R™