Hawk Performance HP-Plus Compound Brake Pads???

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
AcAttack
New ITRCA Member

Hawk Performance HP-Plus Compound Brake Pads???

Post by AcAttack »

Wondering if these are good pads? Most important, how mush brake dust do they put out? I was soooooooo sick of wipping down my 98's CW wheels. I had the stock pads, had to wipe them down every other day. Or is there another pad that anyone recommends? Thanks :)
AcAttack
96' GS-R (RIP)
98' ITR #98-0358 (sold) Miss it soooo much
92' 240SX SE (FOR SALE!!)
I need another 98'!!!

IPS Racing

Northeast Auto Design
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

HP+ makes a lot of dust. HP's are better for dust and still good bite. and cheaper.

I run HP+'s 24/7
bbqman
Canadian Director

Hp+ vs HPS

Post by bbqman »

I run HP+ all summer long, the bite is great, they don't fade but the dust id there...big time.
I run HPS for the winter because they bite less but give my good feedback still, under hard braking. No noise and about as much dust as OE.
The best compromise, and it kills me to admit it, are the Ferodo DS2000. They are as track worthy as HP+ but they have less initial bite.They are less dusty than OE and not noisy at all. All that is missing is the HP+ initial bite.

In any case, no matter which ones you chose, the ITR still has the best OE brake set-up.....bar none.
Isn't that just dandy?

BBQman
AcAttack
New ITRCA Member

Post by AcAttack »

Thanks for the info! :D
AcAttack
96' GS-R (RIP)
98' ITR #98-0358 (sold) Miss it soooo much
92' 240SX SE (FOR SALE!!)
I need another 98'!!!

IPS Racing