Security System

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Smkynbandt
New ITRCA Member

Security System

Post by Smkynbandt »

I am looking at purchasing an ITR in the near future, but I live in an apartment complex with no garage. Hence I would need a security system of some sort. Any suggestions? I looked to see if Charlotte has any Lo-Jack dealers and they do not. Any information would be great.

Jason
moose6x3
New ITRCA Member

Re: Security System

Post by moose6x3 »

i got the viper 690 recently, although a little expensive, makes me feel safer. its a good 2 way pager system from my perception
peace,
moose
gosox2003
New ITRCA Member

Post by gosox2003 »

a pager alarm or GPS system will let you sleep at night.
Smkynbandt
New ITRCA Member

Post by Smkynbandt »

What is the cost on those kinds of alarms?
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

I work for a lock and alarm shop on weekends the only alarm worth spending money on is a Clifford brand alarm. Although somewhat expensive ($600+ range) all other alarms in comparison fall flat.

They're systems are comletely wireless, therefore a thief can't break in and tear out the ignition. All there systems come with a wireless fuel cut off and a wireles imobilizer that works with your factory imobilizer(00'-01' ITR's) Also, the siren has its own power supply so, when it goes off, disconnecting the battery won't do anything. Proximity, shock, and tow sensors always monitor the car. The possibilities are endless on Cliffords.
Oe last point F.Y.E. the best option on my clifford is an anti car theft feature. A key pad that has two buttons is used to enter a code that you choose every time one of the doors of your car is opened and closed. The code must be entered with 30 seconds or the car locks, the siren sounds, windows go up, and the car is immobilized until the code is entered on the key pad with the key in the ignition. so, if you get car jacked you simply get out and watch as your car drives away and stops about two blocks away. I know this all seems extreme, but I live in NY, and it took me 2.5 years to find my ITR, now that i got it, I'm not losing it..

Anything else just makes noise and opens and closes your doors, sorry to say.
swtxaznrac3r
ITRCA Member

Post by swtxaznrac3r »

whats the model # on that clifford system?
01 ITR 703
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

Clifford makes a few sysytems they all have all those options i listed above, however the "Avonguard 4" is their best system. Costs about $1,300 installed with remote start.
gosox2003
New ITRCA Member

Post by gosox2003 »

i have heard about the gps alarms go for 750-850 w/out installation.

the GPS helps much more than other alarms especially if the thief is an expert or has a tow truck.

supposedly if a car with GPS leaves a certain radius of where it was initially alarmed a call will be put into your cell phone...etc

get a good instalation, relocate the brain, add some kill switches, use the GPS technology and you have one difficult car to steal.
hondafanatic
New ITRCA Member

Post by hondafanatic »

i paid 600 and had acura install one that didnt involve hacking up the harness.

it all plugged in and had a hood switch and remote keyless.

did i mention the factory ones just plug in? it the best.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Try compustar.org, I have it and still have my R after nearly 3 years... I feel somewhat safe. Just don't be fooled by an alarm, If they really want your car its Gone.
swed
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

I've seen em' all and in the end if your car is marked that's all she wrote. The safety a Clifford gives you is next to the best thing. Best thing being having your car in your room next to you while you sleep.
swtxaznrac3r
ITRCA Member

Post by swtxaznrac3r »

or underneath me in my case :D

(i live right above my garage)
01 ITR 703
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

I envy you, my drive way is on the opposite side of the house two flights down.
Smkynbandt
New ITRCA Member

Post by Smkynbandt »

Thanks for the information.. I am going to look at a 2000 ITR ( PY) this weekend!!

Jason
typer483
New ITRCA Member

clifford rules

Post by typer483 »

I have a Clifford G4. It doesn't go off every five seconds when a car goes by. It has motion sensors inside the car too if you accidently leave your window down. BAD ASS!! Loud as hell with amazing features too. Go with Clifford
Axel
New ITRCA Member

Post by Axel »

Do yourself a favor and get a Clifford system. It has saved my car TWICE from theft. I have the independent siren buried WAY in there, a tilt alarm, shock sensors, wireless fuel cutoff and other goodies. At a bit over $500 it is the BEST investment I've made to my R.

Trust me, Clifford is worth it. :D