Changing Spark Plugs

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
40calpal
New ITRCA Member

Changing Spark Plugs

Post by 40calpal »

hey i need to change my sparkplugs and i've never tried it before, do u think it'd be easier to just let a mechanic mess with it or does anyone have an easy do-it-u'rself link?

Also any recommendations on brands? Or should i just head down to Auto-zone and pick some up? Thanks for any advice
40calpal
New ITRCA Member

Re: Changing Spark Plugs

Post by 40calpal »

By spark plugs of course i mean fuel injectors :P
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

Why the heck are you changing your fuel injectors? They're not designed to wear out or need changing and if you're doing some motor work, you should have a Helms manual in the first place that will give you diagrams along with a few step-by-steps for changing them. I wouldn't recommend touching them unless you've got one.
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Jan Niemi »

WTF?
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
nw98typer
New ITRCA Member

Post by nw98typer »

And I don't think I'd replace injectors with anything at available at Autozone.
MastrHU
New ITRCA Member

Post by MastrHU »

nothing wrong with needing advice, but you should have a manual for your car. it will save you money. sparkplugs or injectors? it's very easy to replace either of them on your engine. do not pay a mechanic when it will only take less then 15 minutes to replace either the injectors or the plugs. don't know why you would have to replace injectors, but if you are replacing them to upgrade your fuel system, go with the late model prelude injectors. i believe they are 280cc and they drop right in and you can find them on the partstrader for cheap. also, get some seal grease so you don't damage the orings on the injectors when sliding them in.
98 VR-4/2000 Type R