any other type R's out there?

Discuss HPDE, wheel to wheel, autocross, rally, rally-cross, drag racing topics here.
babygtypeR
New ITRCA Member

any other type R's out there?

Post by babygtypeR »

:wink: Hi! I live in Pomona and I was wondering if there are any other type R owners that live close by. I own a 98 R. I'm having trouble launching my car right and I was hoping to get some feedback from other type R owners. I wish I knew other people that actually know what I'm talking about. I've gone to palmdale to race my car and yes I'm a girl, unfortunately I didn't do very well. :( Do you know that I had some guys ask me if it was a real type R. I said yes!!!!!! blame it on the driver lol. Anyways I love my R and any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
TAG
New ITRCA Member

Re: any other type R's out there?

Post by TAG »

Try posting this in the drag racing forum, I think you will get response. 8)
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

Practice makes perfect. If you don't want no one to see your times at the track let them know and it won't display it on the tree to the public. Just keep practicing. I couldn't give you advice on how I launch cuz a boosted car will launch diffrent but try dropping the hammer at about 3-4k.....then try feathering the clutch see what works better. Feathering will kill you clutch faster though so its up to you.
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
ITR41
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR41 »

get a good clutch and launch at 7500-7800 rpms like I did. I pulled 2.1 60ft's on street tires consistantly. all you do is let the clutch out just till it begins to grab before the tree starts down. hold the e brake up with the button in so the car doesn't roll forward. at the last yellow drop the ebrake and keep the revs between 7500-7800 and ride the clutch till about 15-20mph then dump it and push the pedal to the floor.
98 ITR
14.108@98mph all motor
greddy custom turbo set up from hybridynamics, 450cc injectors, cartech FMU, missing link, AFC, 255lph pump, inline pro head gasket and block gaurd, profec-b.
13.0@109mph-street tires, stock exhaust, stock internals, pump gas, ac, ps
http://www.hybridynamics.com
soon to be GE 83MM sleeved block ready for 25psi and 11's?
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Jesus that is hard on a clutch. Try running 2.1's by revving to 4000-4500 and feathering the clutch when the tree hits with no e brake.
itr2k587
New ITRCA Member

Post by itr2k587 »

which pomona? i live in Pomona, NY
Jiggles
New ITRCA Member

Post by Jiggles »

babygtypeR wrote::wink: Hi! I live in Pomona and I was wondering if there are any other type R owners that live close by. I own a 98 R. I'm having trouble launching my car right and I was hoping to get some feedback from other type R owners. I wish I knew other people that actually know what I'm talking about. I've gone to palmdale to race my car and yes I'm a girl, unfortunately I didn't do very well. :( Do you know that I had some guys ask me if it was a real type R. I said yes!!!!!! blame it on the driver lol. Anyways I love my R and any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
i think my friend may have seen you driving around before....he said he was on the 15 merging onto the 10 when he saw a really cute girl getting off to the Ontario Mills mall in a CW Type R....i live right on the edge of Pomona, technically in Claremont....i'm surprised i haven't seen you driving around cause i go EVERYWHERE....be lookin for the big asian (but i look mexican) dude in a NHB R....there's also a guy i've seen who lives in Alta Loma with a PY R and 2 other guys, one NHB with a JDM front and one PY around the mills

btw, don't waste your time driving all the way to Palmdale to race your car...it's far and by the time you get there, your motor will be so heat soaked you'll never run a good time....not to mention the elevation will slow your car down by about an average of .5 seconds....every saturday during august, and i think some through september even, the California Speedway in Fontana is having night races....gates open at 3, tech goes till 7 and they race until 11....staging lanes close around 10:15ish....Fontana gets pretty hot during the day so i recommend going a little late-ish....i think there's going to be a bunch of R's there next week (23rd) from another board and me and my friends will be there the week after that (30th)
NoLag
New ITRCA Member

Post by NoLag »

I consintanly ran 2.0 60' launching at 2400rpm and slipping the clutch like crazy.
1998 CW ITR #147

221WHP and climbing.

93 Civic Si Built B18C5
JUN.R
ITRCA Member

Post by JUN.R »

1.7s all day baybee
IT-R Militia Member #43
2001 PY-R #0082
My Picture and Referece Thread
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1579748

http://www.junauto.co.jp
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

JUN.R wrote:1.7s all day baybee
on 17inch TE37's like it saying in your sig?
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com