Saleen-Like Exhaust Setup

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
40calpal
New ITRCA Member

Saleen-Like Exhaust Setup

Post by 40calpal »

On my 00' LS i had put some sorry exhaust on which was extremely loud and sounded bad at that. I don't want to make this same mistake on my 01' ITR. I was wondering what the best exhaust would be because i don't want anything loud only something reserved yet deep and throaty (Close to a Saleen), Any advice?
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Not happening

Post by Aj »

You're never gonna get a 1.8 liter inline four to sound like a super charged V8 no matter what you put on it. Closest thing you're ever gonna get to a deep exhaust note is is with like a Mugen Twin Loop, or something along those lines, Hondas just don't have enough displacement to put out the kind or deep vibration rumble a mustang puts out, especially not a Saleen.

If you want your car to sound like a mustang, you may wanna consider buying one, not that I would personally ever recomend buying a Ford, but thats totally up to you.

Later,
Aj
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

Exhausts I like:

Quiet: Mugen Twinloop, Apexi World Sport

Loud (deep): T1R, Spoon N1

"Racey": Spoon N1, Apexi N1
quikRthanU
New ITRCA Member

Post by quikRthanU »