sub box options

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
hondafanatic
New ITRCA Member

sub box options

Post by hondafanatic »

I recently built my own subwoofer box for my car.

First think i need to say is that this box is an overkill for my musical listening habbits. I probably use about 10percent its potential, however combined with the focal component speakers i installed in the front it sounds really good. The sub fills it in nicely in the low end.

I first wanted to see what you guys thought of the box, which is rhino lined if anyone is curious. Second i was hoping to see what other people have done to solve this problem.

Image[/img]
PY-ITR1246
New ITRCA Member

Post by PY-ITR1246 »

nice job, personally i would have built a box that would fit under the STB with the subs facing the rear, the reason for the subs facing the back is cause the sound waves will have something to ounce off of. right now they are hitting the back of the seat and coming back at the box( if the seats up) and then all your wires coud have gone under the carpet and out where the seats split, that would make the back look clean.
having the subs facing the other way would let the sound waves hit off the back of the car and then go directly into the cabin .
2000 PY Type R #1246

Let the mods begin
hondafanatic
New ITRCA Member

Post by hondafanatic »

The wiring will be run through the tower brace in a few weeks when i get time.

I didnt put the subs facing back because i wanted them protected and the low freq that subs make isnt directional and i am not concerned with muffeling them at all they are way louder than i need if i turn them up.

thanks for the compliments I hope to see some other people solutions here too.