No beef.. I have legit hid ?'s

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
opie
ITRCA Member

No beef.. I have legit hid ?'s

Post by opie »

Sorry, for the heading, I witnessed the throw down last week between dawhiteboy and "HID" guy. I'm looking into buying a set for my car but am confused as far as the brightness and color choice. I want a look almost like ones found on Audi's. Is that considered blue or purple or white or any of the other names they give them?...

thanks in advance OPIe

:?: :?:
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Re: No beef.. I have legit hid ?'s

Post by Dave-ROR »

OPIE112 wrote:Sorry, for the heading, I witnessed the throw down last week between dawhiteboy and "HID" guy. I'm looking into buying a set for my car but am confused as far as the brightness and color choice. I want a look almost like ones found on Audi's. Is that considered blue or purple or white or any of the other names they give them?...

thanks in advance OPIe

:?: :?:
If you really want the Audi/etc look than your best bet will be to retrofit some real OEM Audi projectors into the integra housings. Details can be found at http://www.skafia.com/ (edit: grr looks like Skafia forgot to pay his hosting bill or something, I'll try to get into contact with him soon if it's not back up)

IMO the reason I use HIDs is for the increased vision and therefore I only support the use of untinted bulbs which are generally in the 4100-4300k range. The light is white when looking at the car but not pure white on the ground. This is fine IMO since I care about seeing things, not about what color the light is on the ground. Higher kelvin bulbs are tinted for the color and the lumens (light output) will start to drop drastically. Heavily tinted HID bulbs are no better than the stock bulbs.

First, determine what you want: increased vision/useful light or bling bling color. With the Audi OEM A6 projector conversion you'll get the increased vision, untinted bulbs and the (imo annoying) light flares like the stock Audi A6.

H.I.D's was given shit because he was advertising with bullshit DOT "news". His post was spam and mentioned a date to generate immediate business. We don't pay for bandwidth to make that tool's business succeed especially when he's selling tinted HIDs.

If you don't want to do the audi retrofit than ask us for choices on who to buy the HIDs from. I wont spam the forum like some members but there is a good choice who has supported the ITR community in the past (and no, I have nothing to do with his business, just respect for him in helping out the ITR community).
Last edited by Dave-ROR on August 6th, 2003, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

I have the Phillips 8k kit and I love them. They look like the ones on the BMW SUV.....bluish tint.
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
RGoose18
ITRCA Member

Post by RGoose18 »

Where'd you get those? Easy fit and installation?
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

I got mine from Jotech and had them installed...I've heard its not to hard.
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

I'd get them from http://www.visualdynamic.ca. Trevor is cool and they sponsored the Expo. Need to buy them soon.
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

Thanks for the input. A friend of mine has a set from a 03' TL. I'm gonna see how those work...
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

OPIE112 wrote:Thanks for the input. A friend of mine has a set from a 03' TL. I'm gonna see how those work...
Are the 03 TL's still reflector based HIDs? If so, what car is he putting them in? He'll need rebased bulbs to install into a stock integra headlight housings. If they are projectors does he plan on swapping the projectors or just using the ballasts/ignitors and buying rebased bulbs?
-Dave
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

dawhiteboy wrote:
OPIE112 wrote:Thanks for the input. A friend of mine has a set from a 03' TL. I'm gonna see how those work...
Are the 03 TL's still reflector based HIDs? If so, what car is he putting them in? He'll need rebased bulbs to install into a stock integra headlight housings. If they are projectors does he plan on swapping the projectors or just using the ballasts/ignitors and buying rebased bulbs?
Really not sure to be honest. I know a few friends who have put them in their integra's with success. I don't know however if the long term outcome was good. Almost possitive they didn't modify the housing to fit the HID's though..

-opie
PhOeNiX
New ITRCA Member

Post by PhOeNiX »

So with the 4100-4300K range the light is white...what color will it put on the ground? Will it put bluish/white or kinda yellowish/white on the ground?
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

Trey wrote:I'd get them from http://www.visualdynamic.ca. Trevor is cool and they sponsored the Expo. Need to buy them soon.
Link not worky, Trey :?
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

PhOeNiX wrote:So with the 4100-4300K range the light is white...what color will it put on the ground? Will it put bluish/white or kinda yellowish/white on the ground?
whiteish with a little bit of yellow I guess. depends on the surface too.. I don't pay that much attention maybe I'll take pics.

kabob: http://www.visualdynamics.ca/
-Dave