ITR HUMOR!

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
PhOeNiX
New ITRCA Member

Re: ITR HUMOR!

Post by PhOeNiX »

"Did you paint your car yellow or it came like that?"
integtypr01
New ITRCA Member

Post by integtypr01 »

its a record...2 times in one hour i got asked "is that your boyfriends car"...the second guy was lucky i didnt get out and slap him
WTypeRogerX
New ITRCA Member

Post by WTypeRogerX »

Oh, to get slapped by an ITR chick! :o :oops: :twisted: :D
bbqman
Canadian Director

Post by bbqman »

I usually don't hang out long enough to hear the stupid questions so I can't partake in that humour......however, I use my car at the shop to demo Konis and Hawk brakes with RA-1's...........and the number 1 comments after a road test are...

1) damn....this thing brakes like crazy.......

2)Oh my GOD , it feels like it is on rails........

3) Does this thing ever stop revvin'

Brings a smile to my face every time.... :D :D
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

integtypr01 wrote:its a record...2 times in one hour i got asked "is that your boyfriends car"...the second guy was lucky i didnt get out and slap him
Next time just ask him if "that is your boyfriends car?" :lol:
Dupes
ITRCA Member

Post by Dupes »

those annoying questions!

The worse is when I try to explain to someone in my family, uncles most of the time, that a Type R aint a regular Integra!

However people are most of the time impressed by the color then by anything else! :roll:

I wanted a PY R, I got one, and damn those it take a hell lot of attention! :shock:
RGoose18
ITRCA Member

Post by RGoose18 »

Instead of my car being Phoenix Yellow, some like to call it Phairy Canary, kinda funny, but all in the name of Jealousy!
Renzuko
New ITRCA Member

Post by Renzuko »

best one Ive had was in 7-11. Guy asks me. "Hey that your yellow car out there?" I reaspond. "Yeah" he says "Whats with the stickers?"
even after poppin the hood, showing off the interior, and matching the B18c5 vin with the vin on the windsheild he still said "There is no way thats a real R." There should be a law that allows you to smack idiots.... again and again and again.
Chris
New ITRCA Member

Post by Chris »

Oh man, I had the same thing happen one night. Some 16 year old with a CRX didnt believe it was real. Even after going through the same motions you decribed. Engine, vin, lugs, etc...

Some people are just in denial or somthing. They act like the ITR is some mythological creature. Like bigfoot or nessie. :lol:
Renzuko
New ITRCA Member

Post by Renzuko »

You mean its not? All this time I thought my car was just a figment of my imagenation.
Asian G
ITRCA Member

SpeedFacToR

Post by Asian G »

Da general public or people are always curious what my car is? I don't know Y? For example, my R is PY (hint) :wink: and I do think that I have Integra Type R decals on both sides and back with a R wing explaining that it is a R. Damn, I guess it's fake then! :lol:

There R 2 types of curious people; one's who's never seen 1 or heard of 1 and just want 2 know what type of car it is- they usually give me a great comment about color and style. The 2nd: is that a real type R, for the ones out there that might have not seen one up close but have always heard badass 8) things about our R's. Not 2 B mean or anything, depending upon person- it can B cool at times and then it just get's damn near annoying: is that a real type R, or LS (***do your homework buddy*** check out the COLOR, side moldings, & Etc, but U don't get 2 C under da Hood) which 9/10 people- most are teen kidz and don't know da difference I guess, beside R owners. No side moldings. :lol: They just love asking away until they are blou N da Face. It's like I'm Earth, have we met yet? I don't think so buddy!

These R da goofy ones I get!
ITR640
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR640 »

I was asked this by one of the police officers in my local town after being pulled over for the first time.

As he looked it over from about 10 feet away with his flash light he turned to me and said "Is that a real Type R?"

To which i replied with a chuckle "yes and no i have not been racing it."
jiahanhao
New ITRCA Member

Post by jiahanhao »

When people ask me if it's a real type R, I generally tell them it's an LS with 5 Lugs... *watches for car theives*
OSG 97 ITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by OSG 97 ITR »

I took a friend out with me for her first time in an R, and while "cruising" on the freeway in 5th gear she yells...

"It's so damn loud in here! Shift damnit, you're killing your new R!!!"
Asian G
ITRCA Member

Post by Asian G »

I was getting my R tuned at the Shop and some kids walks up to me and asks me if thats a H22A prelude motor and he was serious about it to.
TypeR178
New ITRCA Member

Post by TypeR178 »

"Dude, you shoulda saved up for APC, what the hell is spoon anyways." :lol:
2000 PY ITR#1178
1997 ITR #0078--RIP
xmrcivicsix
New ITRCA Member

Post by xmrcivicsix »

One guy once told me that my 98 CW Type r wasnt a real type R becaue it didnt have air conditioning...
I said yeah your right, I just swapped out the engine, seats, suspension, and shaved the moldings and yet my engine VIN still matches my car VIN.
:roll:
98-1126 Type R
CanadianR
New ITRCA Member

Post by CanadianR »

I went to a BBQ not long after i got my R. My family was looking at it because i had just bought it, when my 16 year old cousin spouted" Cool car, now you just gotta put some Noss on it". I just smiled and said no plans for that. Kids eh?

I occaisonally get the "Is it a real Type R?"

I've also had a few people go for a ride and ask me when on the highway if i was gonna shift into the next geat or not, and also got a few funny looks like"why aren't you shifting up?" I wonder what kind of responses i'll get from people now after getting the 4.785 fd installed.
PY 01-0972
ITRCA Member

Post by PY 01-0972 »

my new license plate "ITS REAL" ha ha :D
01 py #972
03 si vivid blue
00 si milano red-stolen
97 accord green lx
95 accord green ex
since 1995
NCTYPER
New ITRCA Member

Post by NCTYPER »

i've been ask a few of them and i haven't even had my R a full 30days yet the jdm conv. makes it worse they ask if its a civic and dumb stuff like that
98' spec CW ITR # 553 :P
daliy 92' hach with B18B
R.I.P. 00' nbp GS-R "stolen"
R.I.P. 01' NBP Type-R "totaled by hit and run"
parting out 01 itr with 22k
AIM acura69gsr