Type R vs WRX

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

Now that is too funny! Since when has any of the USDM parts been worth a damn for trade over JDM? :lol:

snookerblack7, the Supra was just recently discontinued in Japan and 2002 is the last model year over there :)
snookerblack7
New ITRCA Member

Post by snookerblack7 »

Oh really?? Oh well.. time marches on.. The Silvia's gone too.. RIP. I'm sure some cool rear wheel drive replacements are on the way.. So many guys there are into drifting..
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

Post by Kangbateh »

Believe it or not though, the USDM parts are an hot item in japan. if I knew someone over there I would tradete parts for there parts and be making some sweet money! :twisted:

speed junkie 101
snookerblack7
New ITRCA Member

Post by snookerblack7 »

Oh well.. the grass is always greener I guess.
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

Yeah, so many of the Japan's premiere sports cars were discontinued in 2002 due to the floundering economy over there (they've been in a recession for more than half a decade and are in worse shape than us over here in the States).

The RX-7, Supra, Skyline GT-R, Silvia... R.I.P 2002 :(
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

Post by Kangbateh »

I know the Skyline is R.I.P., but is there going to be a replacement in the works? also I heard that there wil be a Toyota Supra return and it will be powerd by a V8 due to the surge in popularity after the Fast and the furious. :twisted:

speed junkie 101
Champ R
ITRCA Member

Post by Champ R »

My friend just got a WRX a month ago and i took it out for a ride... The AWD is nice and the torque difference is obviously a lot better then an R, but it really dies off when you near redline. From a stoplight, it should be a drivers race, but from a highway roll the R should pull away. If the WRX is modifed tho (upped boost, dp, exhaust) then watch out.
CW 98 #805
Kangbateh
ITRCA Member

Post by Kangbateh »

I just went to the Minneapolis auto show in Minnesota and believe me forget about the WRX it's the STi and the Mitsubishi Evolution and the Mazda RX8 to watch out for. 200 hundred rated horsepower at the flywheel is a thing of the past, but like the main person in intial D who drives the AE86 an beats EVO's and cars alike i'm a show these kids an ITR can still out shoot them. In other things though I consider the ITR to be one of the best looking designs amongst import cars, but going to the auto show the RX8 took all honors. If you don't like it in pictures, see it in person you'll change your mind! :twisted:

speed junkie 101
Sick TR
New ITRCA Member

Post by Sick TR »

type R is the best. I drove the WRX before and the car is not a challenge for the type r, I smoked another one last weekend, it was a pizza-boy so just to let you guys know.
WTypeRogerX
New ITRCA Member

Re: Type R vs WRX

Post by WTypeRogerX »

I notice the torque difference in my WRX wagon even at low RPM before boost. At altitude, the lag is deadly, but once boost kicks in, it is much faster. The 500 pound weight difference and softer suspension means loads of body roll however. That's why my R is the track car.
YellowDragon279
ITRCA Member

Post by YellowDragon279 »

Swift wrote:I believe the gentlemen's agreement that Kangbateh talked about only applies to the 4-cylinder engines that stay in Japan.
Actually the LAW is that the cars can't be SOLD form the dealer ith more than 280 horse power t the crank.

So many Japanese auto makers build a car that can put down well over that and detune it. Someone Buys the car and takes to the local shop to have it tweaked.
That's why you see people order cars from Honda and have them sent DIRECTLY to the Shop. Goto Honda TwinCam or Spoon and you see these BRAND New Cars with the Plastic still on the seats. You can actually order your car through some speed shops and the car comes in and they re tune everything and you have yourself a 400 hp car instead ofa 280hp car.
Going back to the Subject: I think the R can handel it's self with these new ready to run cars on the market. I honestly think that the Type R is the only true READY TO RUN (from the factory) import ever released in the U.S.
The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

NY is flooded with WRX's and the Evo. Their owners have huge mouths and their cars don't live up to them. My R, white WRX !st gear roll, pulled two cars light to 2nd light......

OPie says boo to suby's