need help with B18C5 swap!!!

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
B18C5power
New ITRCA Member

need help with B18C5 swap!!!

Post by B18C5power »

i am mid swap on my 97 Integra RS from a B18B to a brand new 01 spec B18C5. there are a few things i was not expecting and would appreciate any help i could get...below are a few pics of things i need help with...again any help would be greatly appreciated...i have been using a helms manual (the one for the B18B and B18C1) and c-speedracing.com as guides for the swap and removal of the B18B went smoothly....now i have three days off from work to get the new B18C5 into my car before i have to go back to work! :) nothing like a deadline and some red bull to keep ya motivated tho.

btw the last pic is of the front drivers side of the engine.
e r i c s 9 9 s i
ITRCA Member

Re: need help with B18C5 swap!!!

Post by e r i c s 9 9 s i »

#1 Picture: You'll still use your PCV valve hose to connect to that medal tube off your manifold... the hose will run from that nipple through the hold thats below the "O" and "W" on your fuel rail just like your other B18. (picture below)

#2 Picture: The two little arrows...your PCV little black oil box goes there and your IM nipple from picture number one will connect to the black box. About the big pipe, I'll have to look and see where that goes cause I can't picture it in my head right now...

#3 Picture: Top mount looks like its upside down or the wrong mount... anyhow, those two mount on the frontal right side are used for your power stearing pump. The top part connects to the upper part of the pump while the bottom is the lower bracket for the PS pump. (picture below)

SirromMotorsports.com Online Performance

1999 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Built '99 JDM ITR Swap - 221whp / 149tq
B18C5power
New ITRCA Member

Post by B18C5power »

thanks for the quick response....the bracket in pic 3 is the wrong one and thats why i wanted to see how the correct one was supposed to look. you have been a huge help.....thanks again!
e r i c s 9 9 s i
ITRCA Member

Post by e r i c s 9 9 s i »

I'm at work right now, but I'm still trying to figure out what that last big hole goes too that you have shown on the block. hmmm, It'll come to me eventually, or else I'll just crawl under my car and fine out. :roll:

SirromMotorsports.com Online Performance

1999 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Built '99 JDM ITR Swap - 221whp / 149tq
B18C5power
New ITRCA Member

Post by B18C5power »

any idea what that hole is yet?
B18C5power
New ITRCA Member

Post by B18C5power »

i need pics of the back of the engine so i can see how all the coolant lines hook up if anyone has them....or at least a scanned page from a helms manual maybe...something because i have like 6 metal nipples that are unaccounted for as of right now...please help someone!!!