New Rims..

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
K20Death
New ITRCA Member

New Rims..

Post by K20Death »

Has anyone put 01 or lower NSX rims on there integra, does it look cool? Any pics? I was thinking about getting some and painting them gun metal. Any Suggestions?
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

Opie wants to see too..
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

Yeah, save up all your nickels and dimes until you can afford the thousands of dollars the NSX's rims will cost ya. Personally, I think it'd like like t3h bLinG rIc9r but what do I know? ;)
RGoose18
ITRCA Member

Re: New Rims..

Post by RGoose18 »

Plus you'd have to find somewhere where you could buy two sets of front NSX rims. The fronts are 16's and the back are 17's and far too wide. I looked into it, but for the money and the pain in the ass, it's not worth it
K20Death
New ITRCA Member

Post by K20Death »

Well Kabob, I thought it would be a pretty original idea if it wasnt such a hassle. As far as it being ricer... I dont know if that was just a sad attempt at starting a flame or what..? :? I would love to see a pic of your car by the way, god knows what you drive.

Would 4 16" work? It would be hard to find but... maybe they would fit.. just a thought.
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

Yeah, it's rice. Do any of us drive NSX's? Then why put rims that are both larger diameter and wider in the rear compared to the front on our FWD cars :roll:

God knows what I drive, you're right. It's a 2000 PY Type R with full Comptech intake and Icebox system, JDM 4-1 header, Carsound hi/flo cat, Tanabe Racing Medialion 2.5" exhaust and UKDM R rims wrapped with Falken Azenis. Rims are a little off but I've got two flats on my stockers and don't have the change to get another set of tires after just having recently bought the Azenis. I bought an R for what it was designed for IMO: performance and track racing.

Now everybody knows, too.
RGoose18
ITRCA Member

Post by RGoose18 »

Hey ladies, take ur shit somewhere else, I for one would be interested to see how the NSX rims would look on an R. And yes, 4 16" rims would work on your R. Not so sure how they would work on your wallet, probably cost you close to 2G's for the rims alone. I say , go for it man, you'd be pretty damn original w/ 4 NSX fronts on ur R.
K20Death
New ITRCA Member

Post by K20Death »

Hey kabob, anyone can make up anything. Everyone but you so far thinks its a good idea and would be original. Having rims that are 1" bigger than our stocks wont make a diff. Post a pic of your car, heres some pics of mine

And please, take the chip off your shoulder... :wink:
RGoose18
ITRCA Member

Post by RGoose18 »

Nice shit, one suggestion, stock hood!
K20Death
New ITRCA Member

Post by K20Death »

Sorry, Fiber is the bomb beeze :D
jetydosa
suite 200

Post by jetydosa »

Lets try and keep the personal attacks down, can we guys?

AS for NSX wheels, yes its been done, Ive seen numerous pics over the years of a few different Rs with them. Four NSX fronts will work....here is a pic, sorry I dont recall whos car it was.

My $.02, it looks good, however for the price you could get some wheels that are just as big, plus lighter for lower cost.
Do not blow compressed air into your mouth or ears.
K20Death
New ITRCA Member

Post by K20Death »

No one has posted a personal attack so far...
ITR862
ITRCA Member

Post by ITR862 »

I have a pic of a guys car on Honda-Tech who had the silver 16" NSX rims on his white itr. It looked pretty good but it was a little too much bling for me. Now if they were powdercoated gunmetal they would look good. They have the same shape as the ITR wheels.
Dupes
ITRCA Member

Post by Dupes »

it doesnt look bad...but id go for some gunmetal ITR wheels instead ;)
plus their smaller :D
K20Death
New ITRCA Member

Post by K20Death »

Hell yeah, Powercoat, thats what I was talking about in my first post. Cause I like our stock rims. If only you could get them bigger, and thats what made me ask the question cause the NSX rims are the same shape :D

Kabob must be crying somewhere...
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

K20Death, I never intended to flame nor did I start it. I haven't even responded further in this thread and the one response I did make was in reaction to your personal attack. And yet you're still making personal attacks while I am not logged in. Please show some maturity.

I'll admit that the 16" NSX front rims look good all around but the original poster didn't state that did he? And why would you doubt I have an ITR? Mine was registered long ago on this site as #1454 and unless you want pics of her bone stock when I bought her last year, I don't see what that would prove.
opie
ITRCA Member

Post by opie »

Chill out guys :evil: . Everyone on this site lately has been beefin' :cry: . Theres not enough chatting going on as opposed to the amount of sh!t talkin' :x . Rice it up or leave it stock whatever floats your boat :wink: . So long as it doesn't look like this :lol:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... egory=5335

Opie----
K20Death
New ITRCA Member

Post by K20Death »

I am the original poster and yes I did say somthing about getting NSX rims and painting them gun-metal, It just requires reading...

And the first personal attack was from you, saying somthing about how bling bling ricer it would look I believe.

How about you show some maturity, or just stop posting all togethere. :wink:
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

K20Death wrote:I am the original poster and yes I did say somthing about getting NSX rims and painting them gun-metal, It just requires reading...

And the first personal attack was from you, saying somthing about how bling bling ricer it would look I believe.

How about you show some maturity, or just stop posting all togethere. :wink:
He posted his opinion of what the wheels would look like, not a personal attack. He didn't know you had to use the front wheels only so was picturing it with the back ones too I'd guess.

Why should he stop posting here? Is this your site?

As for what he drives, does it matter? I don't own an ITR, do you have a problem with that?
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
RGoose18
ITRCA Member

Post by RGoose18 »

Opie's right, everyone quit shit talkin. I think we all take enough of that from total fags in their rustangs or trans ams. Now the real question is, who has 16" NSX wheels all around painted gunmetal????

If you have any pics, post them!
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

Thanks dawhiteboy, I was about to let loose on the dude but you stated quite eloquently what I was about to respond with only much more politely than I would have been. Since I've said my piece already, I'll get back to the topic on hand.

RGoose18, I think the 16" rims in and of themselves look pretty good and don't need the gunmetal powdercoating.
K20Death
New ITRCA Member

Post by K20Death »

You know you can say things to people and notion in an opinion with out actually attacking someone.

ex: Is it just me or are more morons with out ITRs posting on here, man I wish they would get a life.

Notice how I never mentioned your name and stated my "opinion." But the message is pretty clear on who Im addressing

As far as "letting loose on me" by all means PM me. I would be more than happy to bury your ass in an arguement.

And now it seems your ok with the rims. Great way to show us all how you can conform in order to get people to back you.
kabob
ITRCA Member

Post by kabob »

No fool, none of that. I stepped away from this little grudge match at a mods' request yet you seem to want to argue some more. What's your problem? And damn, if you still think i ain't got an ITR, here you go:

Me wrapping the exhaust silencer out of my exhaust in newspaper (took it out to run at the dragstrip)
[img]http://www.fototime.com/{C77DC6FD-5F48- ... icture.JPG[/img]
Lined up at the staging area to run an old Mustang Mach 1 with a good look at the UKDM R rims:
[img]http://www.fototime.com/{818CA024-2AD4- ... icture.JPG[/img]
You want to see my registration and a picture of me shaking hands with the salesman who sold me the R, too :roll:

EDIT: Crap, my friend's site might now be allowing linking, hold on.