K&N Drop in question, if you know anything about these types of filters, check it out

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
RGoose18
ITRCA Member

K&N Drop in question, if you know anything about these types of filters, check it out

Post by RGoose18 »

So is there any difference between a K&N when compared to stock? Obviously there's a few but any REAL differences? Also, I've heard that K&N's let in more debris that the stock paper filters, any truth behind this? Any comments are appreciated.
lacmackenzie
New ITRCA Member

Re: K&N Drop in question, if you know anything about these types of filters, check it

Post by lacmackenzie »

My ITR had an AEM CAI on it when I bought it so I'm not sure what kind of results you'll see with the K&N. I can tell you however, that on my Chev Silverado 5.7L, gas mileage almost doubled when I dropped in a K&N filter, throttle response was greatly increased and power felt slightly stronger (similar to the feeling of your vehicle after a tune up). I'm sure the increases would be less dramatic on a four cylinder, but I'm sure you'd get better mileage and throttle response.
lacmackenzie
2001 CW ITR #1324
RGoose18
ITRCA Member

Re: K&N Drop in question, if you know anything about these types of filters, check it

Post by RGoose18 »

Just one response??? I know there's more than one of you w/ a K&N
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

The best thing about K&N is that it is lifetime so you won't ever have to buy another filter.

It will offer you 1-2 hp over stock. Nothing significant.