Hesitation in 3rd?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
lacmackenzie
New ITRCA Member

Hesitation in 3rd?

Post by lacmackenzie »

Has anyone experienced a slight hesitation in 3rd gear after the VTEC swithover point. It still seems to pull pretty good, the power just doesn't feel as linear as 1st, 2nd and 4th. Any comments?
lacmackenzie
2001 CW ITR #1324
5-Lug
New ITRCA Member

Post by 5-Lug »

I'm not sure if it's the same deal but I noticed that when I shifted to 3rd while in VTEC it didn't feel quite the same when shifting into other gears like say..... I launch off the line and hit VTEC in 1st and it's awesome, very nice power jump, shift to 2nd and there's still an awesome power pull, then I shift to 3rd and it's not the same feeling as 1st and 2nd, it still pulls but I can actually feel a drop in power when shifting into 3rd, and I haven't really noticed anything when shifting to 4th. Now I didn't notice the power drop as much if I shift to 3rd after going to like 9k in 2nd, but a typical 8k-8,400k into 3rd from 2nd I do notice a srop in power like it's not pulling into 3rd like it did into 1st and 2nd.
lacmackenzie
New ITRCA Member

Re: Hesitation in 3rd?

Post by lacmackenzie »

maybe it is normal then :?
lacmackenzie
2001 CW ITR #1324
ITR97
New ITRCA Member

Re: Hesitation in 3rd?

Post by ITR97 »

considering we only have 195 horses once it gets to third gear it wont feel like 1 st and 2nd gear. unless u have more power.

somehting mite be wrong with ur fuel or spark if it hesitate at 3rd gear

1st and 2nd gear pulls really hard , 3rd gear is the closest to 1:1 ratio so its a little slower, 4th gear even slower and 5th gear take a super long time.