tire's size for jdm itr 98 spec wheel

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
The Question
New ITRCA Member

tire's size for jdm itr 98 spec wheel

Post by The Question »

what is the best tire size for my jdm 98 spec itr 16" wheels? ...205/50/16, 225/50/16, 205/45/16, or what? i forgot before
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

Re: tire's size for jdm itr 98 spec wheel

Post by George Knighton »

The OEM size was actually 215-45-16.

There aren't a lot of choices in that size.

You can still get 010's in that size, and Azenis are always a good bet.
The Question
New ITRCA Member

Post by The Question »

you think 205/45/16 or 225/50/16 can fit good though... i mean i dont know about cars, its just that my boyfriend... i want to surprise him by buying these japan type r wheels and i need to have tires for it :D
please help me out :? :? :? thank you....
xanctus
New ITRCA Member

Post by xanctus »

The Question wrote:its just that my boyfriend... i want to surprise him by buying these japan type r wheels and i need to have tires for it :D
please help me out :? :? :? thank you....
Wow your boyfriend is quite a lucky guy!! :lol: :P
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

The Question wrote:you think 205/45/16 or 225/50/16 can fit good though....
Both of those sizes are significantly different from OEM, in my opinion.

The closer size is 205-50-16. However, since Azenis and 010 are both available int he OEM size of 215-45-16, I'd go with that if I had the money.

The Azenis in 215-45-16 are about $100/ea and are a very good buy for the money. They're great handling tyres for the money. (They should not be used in a winter environment, howver.)
The Question
New ITRCA Member

Post by The Question »

so the falken azenis for perfect for his itr with the jdm wheels??? do you have specs on the falkens? what is actually the best tire right now for ultra or max performance for his car....??? :? :? :wink:
George Knighton
ITRCA Member

The Question wrote:so the falken azenis for perfect for his itr with the jdm wheels??? do you have specs on the falkens? what is actually the best tire right now for ultra or max performance for his car....??? :? :? :wink:
I am not sure what words like "ultra" and "max" mean to you.

This side of R-compound tyres, which most of us will not want to use for everyday driving, I think the Azenis are the best thing going.

You can spend a hell of a lot more on tyres that will handle only marginally better, if at all.

Azenis and similar tyres are not for winter use. That's the only caveat I can think of.

I use 215-45-16 Azenis on my Spoon 16x7 wheels for everyday driving, and Victor uses the same on his 16x7 JDM wheels on his white JDM car.