quick internal question?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
e r i c s 9 9 s i
ITRCA Member

quick internal question?

Post by e r i c s 9 9 s i »

I'm selling some pistons and rods from my previous motor and was asked if I'd trade for something equal of valve like internal stuff such as valvetrain, etc.. He said was he can get valvetrain, valves, etc.. so I'm assuming he's a shop owner or something that gets good prices on the parts. I asked him to through out some idea's and we could possible trade it there of equal value.

Question is, say I can get a set of springs, ti-retainers, or valves, would that help anything if I used the upgraded valvetrain and kept the factory cams for now...? Obviously I'd be able to rev higher but it wouldn't do any good cause I wouldn't make any power up there... but is it even worth changing the valvetrain at all and keeping the OEM ITR cams. Thanks.

btw: He's interested in my JE 9:1 84mm Pistons and Eagle H Beam rods that I'm asking $650 plus shipping for... What would be an equivilant or fair valve train trade? :?:

SirromMotorsports.com Online Performance

1999 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Built '99 JDM ITR Swap - 221whp / 149tq
cvracer01
New ITRCA Member

Post by cvracer01 »

if your not going to run cams don't waste your time and money with valvetrain stuff it will not help you
die all of you rota luv'n @%#$s
e r i c s 9 9 s i
ITRCA Member

Re: quick internal question?

Post by e r i c s 9 9 s i »

k thanks

SirromMotorsports.com Online Performance

1999 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Built '99 JDM ITR Swap - 221whp / 149tq
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

cvracer01 wrote:if your not going to run cams don't waste your time and money with valvetrain stuff it will not help you
You can run bigger cams on stock valvetrain too.

Eric: If you do intend to raise the fuel cut, then change the valvetrain. As you said, you aren't going to be making power though.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis