Falken Azenis or what other best tire???

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
The Question
New ITRCA Member

Falken Azenis or what other best tire???

Post by The Question »

hey i am not sure but i think the falken azenis are a great or one of the best tires for performance wise around there right now... but im not sure on that, so can anyone help me out on the best tires i should get for jdm 98 spec itr wheels??? :? :? :?
im getting them as a gift for my man okayz?!?!?!? :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
just need to know what is tha best tire for his itr :D
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Re: Falken Azenis or what other best tire???

Post by Bbasso »

Is he looking for a tire to track or just for everyday use, If everyday use- does he really get on it alot?

Well I found a few to mention, but I have not used these:
P205/40ZR-16

Dunlop SP Sport FM901- looks like a good tread.

Yokohama Parada Spec-2- I few people say these are ok

Kumho Ecsta Supra 712- Very common tire

215/45ZR-16 B

215/45ZR-16 B- I had them in 205/50-15 and liked them.

205/45-16

Yokohama AVS ES100 - many like this one

Well I tried...
swed
The Question
New ITRCA Member

Re: Falken Azenis or what other best tire???

Post by The Question »

well he needs for everyday but also for track too... but i would think to say everyday more than track...
so.... so what now???? :cry:
its hard just to do your man something nice :evil: no puss puss if he wont appreciate what im doing for him now :twisted: :twisted:

well anywayz let me know whats up with what tire okayz????
VtecWhore
New ITRCA Member

tires

Post by VtecWhore »

well all i can say is its one or the other.... thread wear on the azenis is like 200( which wont last long daily driving) so its all up to you. also if its a gift that you want to last i dont think tires would last for ever. how about some other type errr parts?!?!!? just my 2 cents! spanks!!!!
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

yeah

Post by Type R 98 »

yeah like stick on raim airs for his hood! or gold Daytona's with diamond on the edge and trims... a diamond is forever!
All Motor Championship white Mugen exterior ITR 1998 #870
JDMITR98
New ITRCA Member

Post by JDMITR98 »

um I won't buy those tires after this story: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=630741
Jan Niemi
Senior ITRCA Member

tires

Post by Jan Niemi »

JDMITR98 wrote:um I won't buy those tires after this story: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=630741
You can't blame the tires for a mis-application. Those tires are "street legal" but that doesn't mean they should be used like regular tires. My BFG drags are street legal too, but you get in the rain and the car handles like a steamroller. They are track tires.

Azenis are great tires if used properly and with common sense. If you are doing all-weather driving you buy all-weather tires. Even the stock R tires are not designed to be run on anything but dry pavement.

Anyways, those crash pictures are horrible, if the guy had the right tires for street driving he would still have a Yellow ITR.
http://speedindustry.biz
for all of your tuning, parts, fabrication and other service needs.
The Question
New ITRCA Member

what size???

Post by The Question »

the perfect size for umm the itr jdm 98 spec wheels is 215/45... but u think i can go 225/??... will it be too wide to fit not only on tha wheel but on the tires??? what about 225/45???
sorry dont know much just a young lovely chica with her s2000 not itr but tru i should get something other than tires but for mow im just goin for tires so help me out with the info :D
sscguy
ITRCA Member

Post by sscguy »

225/45 would require rolling the fender lips and putting spacers on I think. 215/45 should fit fine. Another good possible tire is the Kumho Ecsta MX, I've heard they're fairly comparable to the Azenis but have a longer life. As far as the rain issue goes, yes, summer tires are meant for warm, dry roads. Just about any performance tire, unless specifically designed to deal with it, will have problems in the rain/cold/snow. The tire is not to be blamed here, but I think even the guy that trashed his car admitted that.
A bunch of days left 'till Expo '05!
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Erik B »

I never messed with the plastic Kumho's. I had the Nitto 450's 1st and the wear do to negitive cam. was about 2 1/2 years with hard driving/long road trips, no flats (knocking on wood) pretty good. After that got the Yoko AVS ES100's. I loved them allot only had them for 1/2 year and I raised the car after being scared str8 from looking at my old tires. Didn't have any wear. I just got the Nitto Neyogen's for my 18's (only good name brand for tires in the size I needed was the YOKO Parada's and they sound like truck tires rolling, not to mention they wear out in no time) I like the trend pattern on these new Nitto's and they feel pretty sticky too...we'll see.
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
dynodan
New ITRCA Member

Tires

Post by dynodan »

I have tried 205-45x16 Dunlap 9000's but really didn't like them very much. They wore out fairly fast, they were horrible on uneven surfaces and didn't have the grip I had hoped for.
My current set of tires are 215-45x16 Azenas that I've only driven on the street. They have been great . They give awesome grip and can been driven to the edge predictably. They can get a little iffy in puddles but I try to adjust my driving to the conditions. The Azenas rub just a bit in the front on 7.5 " wheels when the whhels are turned in a lot while still braking, but no big deal.

I usually use Tire Rack as a good resource to compare a tire size among brands and see how they rate out.

Dan