Motor re-install

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Motor re-install

Post by Aj »

Given that my engine hoist is being borrowed by a friend, I was curious if anyone had ever tried to get their motor in the car from the bottom, and if they could do it with the intake manifold still connected, and if it required removing the radiator and condensor, or if you could just angle it in??????? If anyone has ever done it before, or seen it done, please let me know to save me a lot of time. Thanks guys!!
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Re: Motor re-install

Post by Bbasso »

Forget taking it thru the bottom, I'm sure it would cause headaches. Just get the lift back and go the regular route- up and over.
swed
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

I'd like to, but.......

Post by Aj »

Well, I would accept for the fact that it's on our race trailor on it's way to Laguna Seca in California, and I'm in Florida. Thanks for the advice though.

Aj
bbqman
Canadian Director

motor in

Post by bbqman »

like any car, if the vehicule is in the air with the lift, you can set the motor on the ground and drop the car over it...complete.
we do it like that over here and we have an engine hoist!
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

problem is lifting up the engine high enough to bolt it in. Plus you would have to go up without motor mounts on.

I would say it could be done but I bet we could just as easily locte you a hoist in FL. Where in FL are you?
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Engine re-install

Post by Aj »

At this rate, my motor is delayed in getting back to me any way, so I'll have my hoist back by that time. Ordinarily, I just bolt up the tranny, then ussualy use the hoist to angle it into the engine bay, but with out a hoist, I wasn't sure if the intake manifold would clear, and it's more of a pain in the ass to put on the manifold when it's in the engine bay, then it would be just to waite for my hoist for another couple of days. In any case, I really appreciate all the help guys!

Aj