2004? itr

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Expedition
New ITRCA Member

2004? itr

Post by Expedition »

I was wondering if there are any 2004 itr or 2003
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Re: 2004? itr

Post by Dave-ROR »

Expedition wrote:I was wondering if there are any 2004 itr or 2003
yes. but not in north america. The RSX-S is close to the new integra type-r minus the brakes, interior, higher redline, etc and slightly slightly different power specs... I still don't think we'll see the new integra type-r here (RSX-R as it'd be called here)
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
Expedition
New ITRCA Member

Post by Expedition »

hey where did the itr 04 come out
and thx for the reply but i was wondering wahts better the itr or rsx-r because personally i like the itr a lot more even though its ok
snookerblack7
New ITRCA Member

Post by snookerblack7 »

The "RSX-Type R" is on sale in Japan.. I would say the RSX-Type R is the better car. It's just the natural evolution of our cars.. Of course some people will complain about the styling, but that's a given. I trust Honda to make the best stuff on the road. If it was brought over here, I'd place my deposit today.
typeRated
New ITRCA Member

Post by typeRated »

snookerblack7 wrote:The "RSX-Type R" is on sale in Japan.. I would say the RSX-Type R is the better car. It's just the natural evolution of our cars.. Of course some people will complain about the styling, but that's a given. I trust Honda to make the best stuff on the road. If it was brought over here, I'd place my deposit today.
Snookerblack,
Do you think they will bring the new type r over to the states.. I've asked all dealers and they told me no and one told me yea by 2004 sometime.. I'm thinking they won't bring it becuase the RSX type S will lose out on buyers.. at least not for now....
swtxaznrac3r
ITRCA Member

Post by swtxaznrac3r »

Snookerblack,
Do you think they will bring the new type r over to the states.. I've asked all dealers and they told me no and one told me yea by 2004 sometime.. I'm thinking they won't bring it becuase the RSX type S will lose out on buyers.. at least not for now....
I agree. I think they gave us the Type S since people wanted a toned down version of a Type R. Not everyone likes an all out Streetable Race Car. Thats why i don't see the RSX-R coming anytime soon.
01 ITR 703
snookerblack7
New ITRCA Member

Post by snookerblack7 »

swtxaznrac3r wrote:
Snookerblack,
I agree. I think they gave us the Type S since people wanted a toned down version of a Type R. Not everyone likes an all out Streetable Race Car. Thats why i don't see the RSX-R coming anytime soon.
I agree too.. although I never thought the WRX Sti or the Mitsubishi EVO would make it over but they did. Who knows.. it's up to the bean counters.
98 Supercharged R
New ITRCA Member

yep

Post by 98 Supercharged R »

Only thing I don't like about the RSX is the 6spd,everyone is misshifting them and blowing up the motors after they put lots of money in them.I never drove one though so I don't know how hard it would be but I do know if I had one I wouldn't touch a track with it till I could drive it perfect.
98 championship white type r
JR supercharged 8psi
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Re: yep

Post by Dave-ROR »

98 Supercharged R wrote:Only thing I don't like about the RSX is the 6spd,everyone is misshifting them and blowing up the motors after they put lots of money in them.I never drove one though so I don't know how hard it would be but I do know if I had one I wouldn't touch a track with it till I could drive it perfect.
It's no harder to misshift the DC2 tranny compared to the DC5. People just like to pull the damn shifter instead of just letting it go into gear.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis