What are some good aftermarket shocks to go w/ stock springs

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Chris215Chris
New ITRCA Member

What are some good aftermarket shocks to go w/ stock springs

Post by Chris215Chris »

I would like to keep the stock springs, they are good for me since it is my daily driver, i think i need new shocks soon. Anyone have any suggestions??
Thanks
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Koni Yellows or KYB AGX's. Bilsteins would be good too. The first 2 have adjustable damping which wis legal in stock Atup-X class.

Try http://www.shox.com
alex b
New ITRCA Member

Post by alex b »

id go with bilstein personally.

and if you ever want to get some good springs that compliment those shocks, H+R sport springs work wonders.
B2FiNiTY
ITRCA Member

Post by B2FiNiTY »

Bilsteins :thumbup:
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

alex b wrote:id go with bilstein personally.

and if you ever want to get some good springs that compliment those shocks, H+R sport springs work wonders.
Why do you pick bilstein? I would only recommend them to someone that isn't doing any racing personally. Adjustable damping is one of the greatest features to neutralize the handling of the car IMO.
alex b
New ITRCA Member

Post by alex b »

well, i had koni adjustables and eibach springs on my old 1990 tsi talon. and i just did care for the ride it gave, and i could never find a 'setting' that felt right whenever id go on a road course. i got some h+r sport springs, and bilstein shocks.. wow. what a difference. it felt just right on the road course as well as for daily driving. i could take corners faster, harder and with less understeer. it really seem to just grip the road.. and no i didnt get new tires either.

since then, ive put them on my mk4 GTI and its the same thing. biting, gripping, predictable cornering and handling.

and they only enhanced my type r's already great suspension.

just my 2 cents.
Chris215Chris
New ITRCA Member

Post by Chris215Chris »

How much can i expect to pay for either of these shocks and where do you sugest getting them,
thanks
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

Chris215Chris wrote:How much can i expect to pay for either of these shocks and where do you sugest getting them,
thanks
Most koni/bilstein sets of shocks run around $500-$550 plus shipping