Woodburn Import Nationals:

Discuss HPDE, wheel to wheel, autocross, rally, rally-cross, drag racing topics here.
e r i c s 9 9 s i
ITRCA Member

Woodburn Import Nationals:

Post by e r i c s 9 9 s i »

Two ITR's there at this event running in the street class... both were 01 ITR running basically the same times... Fastest time I saw outta the two was 14.65 at 99mph with BFG G-Force tires.. Beautiful car!!

Trey: Whats done to your R that makes it so much faster than the others? Big difference between 14.65 and 13.8... Yours must have more than just I/H/E...

SirromMotorsports.com Online Performance

1999 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Built '99 JDM ITR Swap - 221whp / 149tq
TypeR498
New ITRCA Member

Post by TypeR498 »

Hey man. You from around woodburn. I live in West Linn.

and i would like to know how you got to a 13.8, i would love to know your secret man... im at a 14.2 with I/H/E...

Justin
e r i c s 9 9 s i
ITRCA Member

Post by e r i c s 9 9 s i »

Actually ended the season last week at Portland International Raceway's running 13.501 @ 100.33 mph on my stock internal ITR motor. My setup is a 99 Civic Si Coupe with AEM CAI, Apexi WS Exhaust and a Exedy clutch and flywheel. Other than that, theres not really much else to keep a secret. Just drive the hell outta the car (its not gonna break)... Oh yeah, untuned motor too...

Email me (erics99si@SirromMotorsports.com) if you want me to tell you all my little prepping details, but other than those minor things, its just a simple ITR motor with Intake and Exhaust... Plus my car's heavier than the real ITR. "Drive it like you stole it" is prolly my best advice... I swear everytime I see a stock real ITR running high, high 14's, low/mid 15's I just wanna smack them... "drive the damn thing like they built it to perform" you know... I drove a buddies ITR "only once" down the track and pulled a 14.7 in it to his 15.3's... not saying I'm the best driver in the world, just saying drive the car hard.... thats how I do it. There are so many people that think I have internals after seeing the times I pull, and all I tell them is... you think these times come from upgraded internals now, just wait until next year when I actually put them in... shooting for 12.8's this next season

SirromMotorsports.com Online Performance

1999 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Built '99 JDM ITR Swap - 221whp / 149tq