What are good suspension kits

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
The Question
New ITRCA Member

What are good suspension kits

Post by The Question »

what are good suspension kits -coilover/shocks or springs/shock-
are Tanabe, JIC, Mugen, Neuspeed good, which is most considerable for the ITR?
98TYPR
New ITRCA Member

Post by 98TYPR »

Zeal or Tein if you have the money. Mugen and JIC are really good too.
00ITR
New ITRCA Member

suspension

Post by 00ITR »

I run tein HA coilovers with 16 different damping adjustments and ride height collars. I love them and they seem to be a popular choice....
When the green flag drops the bullshit stops
Champ R
ITRCA Member

Post by Champ R »

Depends on if you want something more streetable or a race-type setup. For something nice and streetable, id suggest Mugen lowdowns or Apexi WS coilovers.
CW 98 #805
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Re: What are good suspension kits

Post by Dave-ROR »

The Question wrote:what are good suspension kits -coilover/shocks or springs/shock-
are Tanabe, JIC, Mugen, Neuspeed good, which is most considerable for the ITR?
Out of those, JIC. I like Zeals and BCs for the jdm-whore setups. But, see the sticky in this thread for a damned good deal on the JICs, which kick some serious ass. And the deal is from an Expo Sponsor, support those that support you and the ITR community.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
Chris N
Site Admin

Re: What are good suspension kits

Post by Chris N »

Forget Zeal and Tein right now.

The JIC deal up there is SO MUCH CHEAPER than those and you get MUCH more.
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

I have owned TEIN NAs, TEIN HAs, and currently own Zeal B6s. I have installed the JIC FLTA2s that the buy is about on a freinds race car.

I have been very frustrated with the performance of the Zeals. I had to change spring rates in the rear to get rotation like I wanted and honestly I still have a damping issue with the front shocks.

I am considering changing to the JICs after driving my freinds car and since I have installed them I have seen the quality first hand. Zeal has better quality than TEIN in my opinion but JIC is tops as well and the performance aspect JIC seems to be the best.

Cost wise the JIC is also one of the cheaper options which isn't usually the case. Mugen low downs are pricey for what they are if you are comparing Zeals and JICs to suspension the Mugens are a step below in height and stroke adjustability. BC's works as well but when money comes back up you can't beat JICs.

That said the setups I woudl recommend you doing your homework on are:
Zeal B6/S6
TEIN RE (Anything less lacks stroke independence)
JIC FLTA2
Buddy Club Racing Dampers

I can't speak for the TEIN RE but the HAs were good but the ride is no where as nice due to a cheaper damper design.
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3113

Sign up for these...I want the group buy to go through. This is a VERY SPECIAL opportunity. Do you see Mugen going on sale ~$200 off???

I didn't think so. We only need a few more people to help out our sponsor & help out ourselves.

BudMan
The Question
New ITRCA Member

Post by The Question »

Budman i'm not looking to buy right now but just curious to know the very best suspension kits (springs/shock or coilover)... however will look forward to buy whatever is the best or great much later maybe after summer or a year from now, but i will sign up how do i sign up?
The Question
New ITRCA Member

Post by The Question »

oh and also those JIC flta2rs on your topic some mad nice, much better than what i hear about mugen or other suspension, so when the time does come for me to uy suspension parts then i will choose either Mugen nzero or them JIC flta2rs... but most likely will/would want to have the JIC flta2rs... please just give me more info about those and comparison between that n the Mugen nz... thanks
its free to sign up right???
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

The Question:

Sorry for the confusion...I'm not selling them - I am buying them, but we need 10 takers for the group buy.

As for signing up now - you can't sign up if you're not ready to buy. The list is a "commitment" to buy.
Chris N
Site Admin

Post by Chris N »

BudMan wrote:The Question:

Sorry for the confusion...I'm not selling them - I am buying them, but we need 10 takers for the group buy.

As for signing up now - you can't sign up if you're not ready to buy. The list is a "commitment" to buy.
one of the members on the list is doing a layaway with his suspension. I'm not sure how it is working, i assume he is paying in installments. You could inquire with Kyle about this for further details.